Costco Rack of Pork

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I cannot believe I've never done one of these until today. What a screaming bargain, and what a delicious meal (if I may say so myself). If I had to describe it, I'd' say I did it 'Provencal style' - made a paste of dijon, EVOO, lots of fresh garlic, S&P, and dried thyme and rosemary. Scored the fat cap, spread the paste and let it sit for ~24 hours. Threw it on the Sear+ at 450 for about 15 minutes, then reduced the temp to 300 and let it coast to a 145 finish. Rested for about 15 minutes, sliced and served with taters and a Mediterranean style salad. Highly recommend buying one of these and giving it a try. Price is dirt cheap, so you've got very little to lose if you mess up.

Prepped, tied and rubbed:

1712711505502.jpeg

On the grill, almost done:

1712711526138.jpeg

Sliced and plated:

IMG_1356.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpeg

I cannot believe I've never done one of these until today. What a screaming bargain, and what a delicious meal (if I may say so myself). If I had to describe it, I'd' say I did it 'Provencal style' - made a paste of dijon, EVOO, lots of fresh garlic, S&P, and dried thyme and rosemary. Scored the fat cap, spread the paste and let it sit for ~24 hours. Threw it on the Sear+ at 450 for about 15 minutes, then reduced the temp to 300 and let it coast to a 145 finish. Rested for about 15 minutes, sliced and served with taters and a Mediterranean style salad. Highly recommend buying one of these and giving it a try. Price is dirt cheap, so you've got very little to lose if you mess up.

Prepped, tied and rubbed:

View attachment 89037

On the grill, almost done:

View attachment 89038

Sliced and plated:

View attachment 89039

View attachment 89040
Wow! That looks great Jim.

Nice! Gotta get one of those. Might be overkill for the two of us old timers but the leftovers will be worth it.

You're way nicer than me, Jim. I remove the ribs after cooking, and hide them so I don't have to share! :)

You did that rack justice, bud! My favorite prep, too with the mustard/herb slather. Mmmmm.

R

My mom invited us over for dinner last night and that was what we had.
OMG those are so tasty.
She oven cooked hers at 450 then down to 350 then pulled them out when they were 140 and rested for a bit.
So good, perfectly done and each time I stabbed it with a fork it released juice's.

Has anyone ever wet brined this cut, or is it not necessary. On boneless whole pork loins I have always wet brined in the past.

Has anyone ever wet brined this cut, or is it not necessary. On boneless whole pork loins I have always wet brined in the past.
I put a 6-pounder on the rotisserie last week, and I wet-brined for 24 hours in water, salt, brown sugar, and smashed garlic cloves. It was really salty and had a little bit of a hammy taste to it. Didn't taste ideal the day of, but leftovers have been phenomenal for some reason. I think I needed to cook it another 5 degrees on the rotisserie because it had a little bit of a texture issue in the middle. Next time, I would not wet brine it and see what happens.

1000003735.jpg
1000003739.jpg
1000003740.jpg
1000003743.jpg

I’ve been going the “less is more” direction lately, the last pork rack I did was just salt and pepper the last chicken I spun was stuffed with hale a head of garlic and half a lemon just salt and pepper, both were quite lovely.

Back