Cordon bleu thighs

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
ChickenThighsCordonBleu20171119_2.jpg

Jim's Cheese from Waterloo, WI. Jones Canadian bacon from Fort Atkinson, WI. Koops' mustard from Pleasant Prairie, WI. Can you spot the trend?;)

ChickenThighsCordonBleu20171119_1.jpg

I put the cheese down first, followed by the mustard and Canadian bacon, before pulling the skin over the top and securing it with toothpicks. For something like this it's important that the thigh have plenty of extra skin.

ChickenThighsCordonBleu20171119_3.jpg

ChickenThighsCordonBleu20171119_4.jpg

Indirect grilling temperature was about 350 until the thighs reached 165-170.

ChickenThighsCordonBleu20171119_5.jpg

I was pretty happy with how they turned out, but in hindsight I should've made one of the thighs with the cheese under the skin and the bacon next to the thigh meat to see if that would've had an effect on cheese retention. The flavors were all there, though!

ChickenThighsCordonBleu20171119_6.jpg

Why not, we had the old school shake and bake Parmesan Vortex chicken wings recently....nice cook Brad.

I remember being at a cookout ~20 years ago where someone made cordon bleu bite-size appetizers on a grill. I've tried a few times without success to replicate them, they were amazing. Your chicken looks great!

Definitely a Wisconsin theme going there Brad. Let's see, Jim's Cheese. Is that......no, couldn't be! Mouth watering color on that chicken. Looks outstanding.

Looks really good. Barb used to make that but it's been a long time ago. I'll see if I can get her to make it again, it's really tasty.

That looks so yummy. It's been a while since I did this, have to put it on our list in the near future.

Great looking meal Brad - I like your theme approach - I'll have to think something like that up for Louisiana...

Regards,

John

Back