Cooked a Brisket....took some pics

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
Saw this whole brisket at my local grocery store the other day and just couldn't resist for the price...

Didn't trim any fat. Just seasoned with Kosher salt and course ground pepper. Put it on the 18.5 WSM at 0740 Saturday morning.

Thermopen probe went in like butter at 7:00 pm. Cooker temperature was around 250 for the cook although it did get a little hotter than that a couple times.

Flat was a little dry but otherwise tasty. Could have taken it off a little sooner probably.
Sliced.

After separating the point and flat, I put the point into a foil pan and put it in the fridge for today. This morning I cooked it in the covered foil pan in the oven at 250 degrees for 3 more hours. When I took it out of the oven it looked like this...

Chopped point

And this was lunch today. Baked potato with butter, sour cream, cheese, and chopped brisket drizzled with Head Country BBQ sauce.

May have to go back and get another one of these and put in the freezer for another day! I only cook brisket a couple times a year but I sure do love it.

Thanks for looking!

Great looking brisket Russell. Bet it was fun getting the lid on the smoker in the second shot. Excellent price too, at least compared to what I have to pay up here.

Back