Considering Genesis Smart Grill. Some questions.

That is a crazy good deal on that 435 @MikeLucky!! Plus, it actually seems like last year’s models were better!!

I too am thinking half grill/half griddle might be my full-time setup. It’s the one reason I’ve been contemplating going up to the 4 burner. However, besides being more than I prefer to spend, I just don’t like the look of the stainless lid and that’s the only “color” in stock at Ace. Of course, for $412 I’d learn to live with it. 😁

I can still imagine it. You went to the store and bought something. You were happy with it because you didn't know any better. In a way, ignorance was bliss.
I guess the upshot of all theses variations is a cool indigo blue version of the Summit with 9mm SS grates for $899. 😁

That is a crazy good deal on that 435 @MikeLucky!! Plus, it actually seems like last year’s models were better!!

I too am thinking half grill/half griddle might be my full-time setup. It’s the one reason I’ve been contemplating going up to the 4 burner. However, besides being more than I prefer to spend, I just don’t like the look of the stainless lid and that’s the only “color” in stock at Ace. Of course, for $412 I’d learn to live with it. 😁
Oh, I got a black one. Lol at the price I paid I would have almost taken any color.
PXL_20240126_204140890.jpg

Longtime Q200 user here, family size went +1 a couple years ago and the Q just doesn't have the room to hold our whole dinner anymore, at least without breaking it into a few rounds on the grill.

Like OP, I'm trying to make sense of all the changes to the Genesis lineup this year... I'm used to CI grates, and historically have preferred them to steel. Not critical, but I also appreciate the idea of the large digital temp readout. Used one last summer at a rental and really felt like it was a nice feature, easier to see from across the patio. Was grilling a combo of meat, halumi cheese, kale, lemons, bread, etc., so temp was important to nail.

I have a standalone butane burner, but I do also think the idea of a built-in that I don't have to deal with rummaging for fuel cans would be a benefit. Again, not critical but nice to have.

Finally, really like the idea of interior lights, the way the grill is positioned on our deck leaves it in dark shadows during spring and fall.

As such, I was turned on to the idea of the EPX-335, but sadly, saw this go closeout. Understand you can add the light bar afterwards, so have been looking at the EX-335 instead. Looks like that's gone closeout too.

Does anyone know what Weber's plan is for future models? Right now all I can find is the SX-335, or some of the models without smart connect and/or side burner.

I'm happy to scour to find a closeout EPX or EX, but wondering if Weber has something new coming later this year to backfill for the EPX/EX. I'm not in a critical rush.

Seems like it would be odd for them to release anything new at this point in the year. But, I don’t really have a sense of their cadence for releasing new models.

What’s you budget?

Back