Cinnamon Bacon and a killer McBob

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Re-reading my post from 2012, where I added cinnamon and sugar to a bacon slab, I found these words:
"I don't mean to brag, but this is the best bacon I've ever eaten, and I honestly wondered how I could start making/selling it commercially."

Thought to myself, why haven't I made this again if it was so dang good?
Fixed that.
Cinnamon and sugar pressed on after cure and pellicle formed.

IMGP3252.JPG

Small hickory chunks in foil for smoke.

IMGP3250.JPG

A few lit and unlit Stubb's briqs.

IMGP3254.JPG

About 4 hours later, running near 150.
Adding more briqs and wood as needed.

IMGP3258.JPG

Look Ma, I made lump charcoal!

IMGP3259.JPG

Sliced this morning.

IMGP3265.JPG

I live by the motto what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Bacon, egg, and cheese McBob on a glazed doughnut.

IMGP3271-001.JPG

How was it?
To die for!
Feelin' stronger every day!

thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
For my 100th post.....Dang that looks good. Nice job Bob.
I havent made bacon yet but need to just bite the bullet and get some tender quick ordered from amazon.

Dang Bob just excellent. I'm thinking of leaving my office and travelling to your place for breakfast tomorrow.

That is a masterpiece Bob! If I only knew a few days ago, as I write this I have my second slab on the mini. Going to the freezer to get another slab and try your latest creation. That has to be super good!

Outstanding looking bacon Bob. The last batch I made I used your method from the sticky in the charcuterie forum. The first time I used a dry cure. It was the best yet. Thank you sir.

WOW!! Bob you did it again that is amazing. It looks so delicious I'm going to have to try that for sure. Our other slab is coming out tomorrow. Like James said I don't have to leave work but I'll take a long car ride for that.

Back