Chicken for the Team

Martin Chicago

TVWBB Member
Hey Everyone!

Chicago weather is finally in the 50's/60's, and you know that means more grillin and chillin. Was in a good mood, so decided to cook up some halved chickens for the co-workers at ACE Hardware Headquarters. We're a tight knit group, and everyone loves BBQ, so why not treat them, right?

OK, so here we go - got 4 - 4lb Purdue chickens halved up, and dusted with Weber's Beer Can Chicken Seasoning, along with Paprika for color:

1cut.jpg

The staging area in the garage, just built that work bench and it's been very useful:

2ingarage.jpg

Split the cook up between an older OTG, and my newly unboxed $75 Performer Gold (recent Home Depot Sale):

3sidebyside.jpg

Kids were outside playing, and my little boy was helping with the Youkon Golds. Needs to upgrade to charcoal for sure.

4_sonhelp.jpg

About to go on, indirect - 425 to start, used apple and pecan. Brewski tasting delicious:

5_withbeer.jpg

Loving the color:

6_ongrill.jpg

I sauced them the last 15 minutes, using some cheap Kraft sauce (not bad), and finally plated:

7_doneplate1.jpg

8_donecloseup4.jpg

Got everything setup before the guys came down. I'm definitely stealing the cafeteria's profits today:

9_serve.jpg

Everyone enjoyed the chicken, and as people passed by our table, everyone kept asking where did you get that? LOL - the former chef used a Ranch kettle for some of his meals, but as he went, so did the Kettle. I know cuz I asked if I could buy it.

Thanks for lookin guys! Have a great weekend!

Martin

Last edited:
While all of your food pictures look delicious, it's the picture of your boy grilling that I like best. I hope your areas warms up very soon, I'm heading to Cleveland in a week.

Great looking chicken, them some lucky co-workers for sure. You sure had a great little helper!

The chicken looks great Martin, your co-workers are lucky, and if your son wants to cook on a gasser: so be it!

Great looking meal Martin. Having you on the team represents a real 'fringe benefit' for your coworkers. It is nice to see you are getting the kids started early too. Great way to have some family time...

Regards,

John

Back