Celebrating 5 years with B-backs and a Turkey

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
To celebrate 5 years this month as a member (with too many posts) I dedicate these cooks to all of the knowledge I've gained here, and to all the friends I have made.

Sunday was baby backs on the WSM.
WI apple wood for smoke, and my mixed up rubs for the rub.
IMGP0556.JPG

IMGP0559.JPG

IMGP0564.JPG

IMGP0565.JPG

Ready after about 4 hours.
IMGP0568.JPG

IMGP0575.JPG

Yesterday I smoke cooked a 12.5 lb. turkey on the Performer using sugar maple.
Oakridge Game Bird & Chicken for the rub.
IMGP0577.JPG

Never took an internal temp, just waited for the timer to pop.
IMGP0579.JPG

Ready after about 3 hrs. running the kettle at mostly 325.
IMGP0588.JPG

Snacked on the breast meat while carving, so a drumstick was all I needed.
IMGP0592.JPG

Both meals were excellent, but prior to joining TVWBB they might have been hit or miss.
So a big thanks to Chris A, and to members past and present.
You all are simply the best!

Bob, you make 5 years look amazing. Thanks for all the great info you've provided

GREAT cooks my friend....there are never "too" many posts. Looking forward to another 5 years from you.

For he's a jolly Good Fellow... congrats on the milestone, Bob. That's one I'm actually looking forward too :cool:

Bob, both cooks are absolutely spectacular! Those ribs are beautiful. They just scream out at you. Great pictures really do the cooks justice. Congratulations on your five years, and thank YOU for all your inspiration and beautiful meals you've shown us.

and the celebration continues..............

Thanks so much everyone!

lunch today, leftover ribs, Ranch beans, tomato, and a peach with ice cream.
IMGP0581.JPG

IMGP0586.JPG

IMGP0588.JPG

IMGP0591.JPG

IMGP0595.JPG

If there's anything better than grilled peaches and ice cream I have yet to find it.

Great post with wonderful cooks as always!!
Congratulations on five years of contributions to the forum! I have learned so much from you and others it's amazing. One thing I have learned is don't mess with Bob Correll or you get pictured shocked with a picture of Paula Dean / Barney Fife (don't ask) as a response to trying to outdo the master;)
Between Barb and you I never stood a chance!

Bob, both cooks are absolutely spectacular! Those ribs are beautiful. They just scream out at you. Great pictures really do the cooks justice. Congratulations on your five years, and thank YOU for all your inspiration and beautiful meals you've shown us.

Same here, Great food, great pics. a great guy.
Thanks Again Bob.
Chuck.

Wow, Excellent looking cook Bob and fantastic looking dessert!!!

You and I joined the same month and year!!! I can't believe its been 5 years already since I bought my first Weber grill!

Great looking cooks for your 5 year anniversary. And thank you for all of your super idea's. Without you I would never have done bacon. thanks

Happy five years Bob..ribs look perfect..turkey..smoking hot!! You've been a great inspiration to me buddy!

Nice!

Back