Cars Cars Cars

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
I saw a couple of cool cars in the humor thread and thought cars are worth a thread on their own. Anything goes. Fat cars skinny cars cars that climb on rocks...

My main passion, even above Weber’s, is cars. Mopars primarily; ‘68 Roadrunner, ‘68 Satellite, ‘69 Newport, ‘70 Challenger, ‘73 Dart, GF’s ‘75 W200 pickup, ‘84 W350 crew cab short box, ‘03 2500 Cummins, ‘07 3500 Cummins, the list goes on. Only non-Mopar is my ‘57 Chevy BelAir.

Mainly projects, other than the two Cummins trucks which are dailies.

cars that climb on rocks...
XJ-moab.jpg

I should probably point out that's my Heep, I'm driving (with a 5spd,) and my g/f is hanging on in the passenger seat (keep hands & feet inside the ride at all times, kiddies!) That's from 20 years ago, outside Moab, UT, the crack is call Hell's Gate.

Last edited:
Too funny. That’s exactly where I thought it was. FWB is a great place.
I think this is the owners ride. MR MMOSA

For those out of the area, Mimosa House is another restaurant of the same ownership as Friends With Benedicts and both have a champagne focus. Edit: I'm told they are not on the same ownership.

20190816_133156.jpg

Last edited:
My main passion, even above Weber’s, is cars. Mopars primarily; ‘68 Roadrunner, ‘68 Satellite, ‘69 Newport, ‘70 Challenger, ‘73 Dart, GF’s ‘75 W200 pickup, ‘84 W350 crew cab short box, ‘03 2500 Cummins, ‘07 3500 Cummins, the list goes on. Only non-Mopar is my ‘57 Chevy BelAir.

Mainly projects, other than the two Cummins trucks which are dailies.

I've had a passion for cars since I was 14. I didn't have the $$$ to have what I wanted, but I had friends and I helped them work on their cars and spend their money on some fun rides as a teen.
Memorable cars my friends had:
73 vega with a SB 350 - ran high 10s , until he wrapped it into a pole.
69 mustang fastback 351W 4spd. I only rode with him once. It was scary fast.
73 roadrunner 340 4spd. We added cam, heads, intake, carb and headers in his parents garage. It was a great ride.

Mine was a hand-me-down from my sister, 68 Buick gran sport 400, springtime yellow with a black vinyl top. looked very close to this. It was given to me summer before I turned 16 with a blown engine. I rebuilt it in the school auto shop and drove for a while until premium gas went from $0.41/gal to $1.15 a gallon in '79. an 8 MPG car just didn't cut it.

1628398783905.png

Last edited:
I like old cars but will probably never own one. The 50's, 60's and early 70's are my favorite years for styling. Dan's Gran Sport made me think of the 60's Buick Rivieras which in my opinion, with black paint are some of the most gangster looking cars ever made. According to this wiki (which is where I got the photo) this one is a '68. I love a car that looks like it's ready to pounce!

1628423520467.png

Back