Burgers for dinner.

LeviWooten

TVWBB Member
Anyone feel like sharing a good burger that you love. Want a burger for dinner but I want to do something new. Appreciate any ideas.

Not too much special or fancy here. Always 80/20, goes without saying. On some nights, double smashburgers on toasted buns with American cheese, ketchup, mayo, mustard, & onions done on the Blackstone. What we call "Gourmet Burgers" on other nights, very large in the 1/2 lb range. I make mine "smokehouse" style with bacon, sharp cheddar, and BBQ sauce. Usually cooked indirect at 300-350 up to 140 with some hickory, then seared over high heat until 155F internal or so for me. (800F for my wife :rolleyes:) I do them on both the Performer and the Smokefire.
Tried the blue cheese option once as I kept hearing about it but it wasn't for me.

Our local brew pub has one they call South of the Border that's great. A half pound chuck burger on a brioche bun with Jalapeños or Ortegas, Chipotle aioli, pepper jack, a slice of red onion and guacamole.

There's a place out here called lazy dog, and they have a black and blue burger.

Black + Blue. grilled half-pound beef patty, blue cheese, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle, red onion, blue cheese dressing ...

One of my favorites

Love burgers at home but when I go out, I look for something I would not fix at home. At a local place, they have a Maui Burger. It is an Angus burger, grilled pineapple, white American cheese, teriyaki wasabi glaze, roasted garlic aioli, spring greens, all on a pretzel bun. It is just amazing and I would never duplicate that at home.

Anyone feel like sharing a good burger that you love. Want a burger for dinner but I want to do something new. Appreciate any ideas.
Easiest way to up your home burger game is by blending and grinding your own meats.

Simple would be to buy and grind a chuck roast. That’ll get you to a 75/25 or 70/30 mix. A 6 oz burger is huge. And 8 oz burger is insane. Two 2 oz Pattie’s make for a great smashed burger on a steel or flattop. You decide your toppings and style.

If you want to up your game, a 50/25/25 of chuck/brisket/short rib blend is a very high end tasting burger. On the pricier side but also amazing. I do these in 6 oz Pattie’s and they’re very filling.

I also like a 75/25 chuck and top sirloin blend. It’s a very beefy flavor and less fatty. Very much like a steak burger. I do these with less or simpler toppings to really enjoy the beef flavor. Think lettuce, tomato, thin red onion, and only a few sliced pickles. I try to avoid ketchup and mayo in these to not overcrowd the beef flavor.

And I’ve done 100% ground ribeye burgers. Pair that with a nice cheese and some hard seared onions and you’re in for a good dinner on a substantial bun. Something with a good foundation like a ciabatta roll.

It all depends what you’re seeking to prep and eat. Just don’t buy store ground beef. God only knows what’s in that 3,000 cow blended mystery burger.

There's a place out here called lazy dog, and they have a black and blue burger.

Black + Blue. grilled half-pound beef patty, blue cheese, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle, red onion, blue cheese dressing ...

One of my favorites
Love a good Black & Blue burger. The best I ever had was at 10 Barrel brewing in Bend, OR. It was made with smoked uncured pork belly instead of bacon.

Love burgers at home but when I go out, I look for something I would not fix at home. At a local place, they have a Maui Burger. It is an Angus burger, grilled pineapple, white American cheese, teriyaki wasabi glaze, roasted garlic aioli, spring greens, all on a pretzel bun. It is just amazing and I would never duplicate that at home.
Did one similar to this out of a cookbook I have (Bobby Flay Grilling i think), with a homemade teriyaki sauce, was very good. If I recall correctly ot was beef and chorizo mixed

One of my favorites
Yes sir, I love a good black n blue burger.

Easiest way to up your home burger game is by blending and grinding your own meats.

Simple would be to buy and grind a chuck roast. That’ll get you to a 75/25 or 70/30 mix. A 6 oz burger is huge. And 8 oz burger is insane. Two 2 oz Pattie’s make for a great smashed burger on a steel or flattop. You decide your toppings and style.

If you want to up your game, a 50/25/25 of chuck/brisket/short rib blend is a very high end tasting burger. On the pricier side but also amazing. I do these in 6 oz Pattie’s and they’re very filling.

I also like a 75/25 chuck and top sirloin blend. It’s a very beefy flavor and less fatty. Very much like a steak burger. I do these with less or simpler toppings to really enjoy the beef flavor. Think lettuce, tomato, thin red onion, and only a few sliced pickles. I try to avoid ketchup and mayo in these to not overcrowd the beef flavor.

And I’ve done 100% ground ribeye burgers. Pair that with a nice cheese and some hard seared onions and you’re in for a good dinner on a substantial bun. Something with a good foundation like a ciabatta roll.

It all depends what you’re seeking to prep and eat. Just don’t buy store ground beef. God only knows what’s in that 3,000 cow blended mystery burger.
I'm actually planning on getting a grinder very soon. For now I buy store bought but it's ground in store so I think that's a little better. My wife used to manage that meat market and I know all the workers very well so I don't worry about what I get from there, they are very honest with me.

Our local brew pub has one they call South of the Border that's great. A half pound chuck burger on a brioche bun with Jalapeños or Ortegas, Chipotle aioli, pepper jack, a slice of red onion and guacamole.
South of the Border Burger for the win. Put it on ciabatta cause I like a sturdy bread. 1/2 patty, guacamole, chipotle aioli, roasted jalapeño, red onion and pepper jack cheese. Thanks for the idea, was quite possibly the best burger I've ever had.

Attachments

• 20220211_210304.jpg
    20220211_210304.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2
South of the Border Burger for the win. Put it on ciabatta cause I like a sturdy bread. 1/2 patty, guacamole, chipotle aioli, roasted jalapeño, red onion and pepper jack cheese. Thanks for the idea, was quite possibly the best burger I've ever had.
Glad you liked it. Just had one for lunch this afternoon at, The Grid, our local brew pub. They have several great burgers, but that's my favorite and probably the reason I can't seem to lose weight:) Thinking of making some with 2 smash patties.

Did one similar to this out of a cookbook I have (Bobby Flay Grilling i think), with a homemade teriyaki sauce, was very good. If I recall correctly ot was beef and chorizo mixed
Here’s an impressive 50/50 beef chorizo burger. Enjoy the whole video.

I've never had ground turkey. Does it dry out pretty easily?
We do a bacon turkey burger that has shredded zucchini in the mix, along with crumbled bacon, S&P, carnalized onions and minced garlic. Not really a burger that we eat on a bun, just on a plate like chopped steak. Very flavorful, and the zucchini keeps the whole thing very moist. It's not a substitute for a real burger by any means, but an entirely different dish altogether.

One of my favorites
That does sound good!

Back