buckboard bacon

Dwain I'm all over this interested in the outcome. Please post some pics when you're done smoking this. I'd love to do this myself.

Dwain I'm all over this interested in the outcome. Please post some pics when you're done smoking this. I'd love to do this myself.

Finished just in time to congratulate Alabama as the SEC Champions Jose. Here it is 160*F internal smoked with pecan. I'll let it cool till tomorrow and enjoy it through the holidaze on Charcuterie platters. SWMBO mentioned something about Eggs Benedict, too!

009_zps7b7f9ee3.jpg

010_zpsc48fc359.jpg

013_zps6ccfc617.jpg

Dwain that looks great and thanks to you, Bob and Cliff for the response on where to get the Morton's tender quick. As soon as I get it I will give this a try.

I found it in my grocery store. (tenderquick)

I also have a box of High mountain Buckboard Bacon cure....need to do this.

Rich, next time you go down to the valley, Bass Pro Shops in Tempe has Hi Mountain Buckboard Bacon Cure for $6.99 - it will cure 25 lbs of meat. That's what I've been using for my buckboard bacon and I've been very happy with the results. While I'm down there I also go by Penzey's for whatever spices I need from them. Then I go to Costco, then I go to.....:cool:

Last edited:
Rich,
Some larger sporting good stores should carry it, or maybe farm and home store.
Amazon has it for $14.40, free Prime shipping.
Best online price I've found is Allied Kenco.
I put a bag in my cart and with shipping it was $11.04.
search their site for Tender Quick,
http://www.alliedkenco.com/

Went to Allied Kenco and the tender quick was $5.54 but the cheapest shipping was $12 and change, going to see if I can find it locally.

Rich, next time you go down to the valley, Bass Pro Shops in Tempe has Hi Mountain Buckboard Bacon Cure for $5.99 - it will cure 25 lbs of meat. That's what I've been using for my buckboard bacon and I've been very happy with the results. While I'm down there I also go by Penzey's for whatever spices I need from them. Then I go to Costco, then I go to.....:cool:

Thanks Mike, I only go down to the valley once a year or so, try to avoid it at all costs. Penzey's we order on line because we always order over $30 so the shipping is free.
Other than that we pretty much have everything we need up here.

Went to Allied Kenco and the tender quick was $5.54 but the cheapest shipping was $12 and change, going to see if I can find it locally.
My mistake Rich, I thought the $11.04, when I ran it through checkout, was for product and shipping. :(

And there you have it. I toasted a cpl pieces of Italian bread, added some boneless skinless chicken and a few slices of the Buckboard Bacon for an Egg McBob. Yummers!

002_zpsaa3bcb8b.jpg

003_zpsb0f5aa29.jpg

Back