Best Frozen Burgers

Best frozen burger that we eat, Creekstone 81-19 lean to fat ratio. 4 qtr pound pucks to a package. You can make them into anything that you want. Have a order of 18 lbs showing up today. As far as a whole burger the best burger out there is, a buffalo burger from Nebraska Bison. Taste better than a beef burger and has the same fat content as a turkey burger. We also buy these by the case. Hard to believe that buffalo burgers can be this good. But they are. I prefer these over beef burgers these days. The trick to these burgers is to cook over medium heat & to have the burger done to medium.
Cheers Russ

Best frozen burger that we eat, Creekstone 81-19 lean to fat ratio. 4 qtr pound pucks to a package. You can make them into anything that you want. Have a order of 18 lbs showing up today. As far as a whole burger the best burger out there is, a buffalo burger from Nebraska Bison. Taste better than a beef burger and has the same fat content as a turkey burger. We also buy these by the case. Hard to believe that buffalo burgers can be this good. But they are. I prefer these over beef burgers these days. The trick to these burgers is to cook over medium heat & to have the burger done to medium.
Cheers Russ
I buy from Creekstone Farms quite often, I almost ordered those pucks a couple of days ago! Can you post picture of them, I don't know if I have enough freezer space. Thanks.

I don't use them
When i had kid playing travel ball our organization would host tournaments to make money .... We cooked and served some kind for concessions that were made from sirloin tips and they were pretty good.

Personally I usually cook extra and then I just vacuum sealed them and freeze them. All you got to do is pop them in the microwave for a minute

Last edited:
I buy from Creekstone Farms quite often, I almost ordered those pucks a couple of days ago! Can you post picture of them, I don't know if I have enough freezer space. Thanks.
Eric,
Couldn't get the photos that you wanted to see. Imgur isn't working right with Facebook.
So I measured the box that the 18lbs of hockey pucks come in. They are 11 3/4 wide-17 inches long - 6 1/2 inches high. That will give you a a idea how much space you will need. Also you can take them out of the box separately & put them in the freezer & save more space. For the record Creekstone burger is 87% chuck & 13 % Brisket. It is so guud. If you don't have that much room check out Prosper Meats in Denver Colo their meats equal Creekstones quality. They have a special burger blend also. Its 65% chuck & 35% Brisket. We have tried this & like it also. Also you can buy 1 lb & up to how many that you want if you have limited freezer space. We order from Prosper meats all the time too.
Hope that this helps,
Cheers, Russ

Eric,
Couldn't get the photos that you wanted to see. Imgur isn't working right with Facebook.
So I measured the box that the 18lbs of hockey pucks come in. They are 11 3/4 wide-17 inches long - 6 1/2 inches high. That will give you a a idea how much space you will need. Also you can take them out of the box separately & put them in the freezer & save more space. For the record Creekstone burger is 87% chuck & 13 % Brisket. It is so guud. If you don't have that much room check out Prosper Meats in Denver Colo their meats equal Creekstones quality. They have a special burger blend also. Its 65% chuck & 35% Brisket. We have tried this & like it also. Also you can buy 1 lb & up to how many that you want if you have limited freezer space. We order from Prosper meats all the time too.
Hope that this helps,
Cheers, Russ
Thanks for the info, I doubt I order them right now, but definitely in the near future! I live about 2.5 hours from Creekstone, so I usually get one day delivery, they never disappoint!

A TV commercial from Omaha Steaks reminded me of this thread and based on @russ olin's post I looked at Creekstone; it's been 2 years since I placed an order and I don't know why or how but I had two gift card credits, one for $75 and another for $8.40, so I applied them to a 72 puck order just now :)

72 pucks will last us quite a while, even if we repurpose some for other use, and we can burn through some for Memorial Day.

Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately at $155 they are not on sale, in the past they were around $110-$115.
Good point; I got so excited at having discovered $83.40 on my account that the only other item I looked at was Tri-tip and, in comparison, the burgers were a better value. I should have considered other on-sale items but then again I've never had a brisket blend burger :)

I think all the Costco frozen burgers are pretty good.

I usually go for the leaner sirloin ones. Had a few big flare ups when cooking a full grill top (i.e. no indirect zone) of the 75/25s on my gasser.

Ours is Barbs burgers about 80/20 hand made when we grind our own ground beef. Chuck roast, top or bottom round, brisket and brisket fat.
Barb hand makes here own recipe with secret herbs and spices (not really secret but I don't know what she puts in them) into 1/4 pound burgers, we vacuum seal two to a package. Better than any store bought we've ever had.
They're great cooked inside on CI or grilled.

Joe, have you tried these? If so can you comment/compare/contrast the Angus 75/25 vs the grass fed 80/20

View attachment 89814
I have not tried those Angus burgers but yes I buy the grass fed ones whenever I get lucky enough to find them. Great price for grass fed at I think around $5 /lb. I usually cook them frozen on the IR burner and just keep flipping until done at about medium.

Back