Best dishwasher under $1,000.00

Well, crap in a hat! A week in and I’m getting an error message about the drain pump! I’m NOT taking this thing apart, it’s got a date with the service man on the 28th so hand washing for Thanksgiving! Drat and double drat!

I'm not sure how yours is wired, but try unplugging it or turning it off at the switch. Maybe it will "fix" itself, sometimes you get lucky.

I’ve spent a lot of time with customer service and they were really trying but, it’s not an electronic issue from what we have tried. It sounds like water supply from what the last guy was thinking. I’ve got a service appointment for the 28th but, I’m just wondering if I should call the installer back?

unit might not be getting enough water when washing. these systems are all computer controlled and measured. it should be a simple fix. and likely not a defect but an operating condition outside of parameters.

What kind of plumbing is in your house? Copper, Pex or galvanized. If it's galvanized there may be a rather "bad" issue. If you never ran softened water, it's likely built up a very thick layer of deposits. Then the soft water comes through and now starts loosening them and dissolving and next thing you have mineral deposits blocking lines. Not wanting to be bearer of bad news here. Hopefully it isn't it

What kind of plumbing is in your house? Copper, Pex or galvanized. If it's galvanized there may be a rather "bad" issue. If you never ran softened water, it's likely built up a very thick layer of deposits. Then the soft water comes through and now starts loosening them and dissolving and next thing you have mineral deposits blocking lines. Not wanting to be bearer of bad news here. Hopefully it isn't it
I’m calling the plumber. I think this might be the issue, the old galvanized was funky to say the least. Scale in the old water heater too, we blew that down and it wasn’t pleasant in any way shape or form. I’ll call Eldon in the morning. Hopefully this will not entail another “service call“ charge. It’s getting to be a much more involved project at every turn!

I’m calling the plumber. I think this might be the issue, the old galvanized was funky to say the least. Scale in the old water heater too, we blew that down and it wasn’t pleasant in any way shape or form. I’ll call Eldon in the morning. Hopefully this will not entail another “service call“ charge. It’s getting to be a much more involved project at every turn!
Wish you the best.

Plumber is coming back on Monday! I have a feeling it’s crud in the supply line. I just think the smaller supply line is undersized. We shall see…
Maybe they can replace some of it (or all) with PEX. I love PEX. Amazing stuff easy to work with, sterile and immune to crud. It even holds up better in a fire than copper!

Maybe they can replace some of it (or all) with PEX. I love PEX. Amazing stuff easy to work with, sterile and immune to crud. It even holds up better in a fire than copper!
I used PEX A in my bathroom remodel this year and I'm sold. I still had to solder the pex connectors to the existing copper but after that it's almost fun to work with. The crimping tool was pretty expensive and so are some of the fittings but the time savings alone make up for it.

When we had the tankless water heater installed over the summer, it was still plumbed in with copper, but all swaged fittings. There was 1 leak that they quickly addressed. I watched him make a couple of connections, do not get your finger in there......

What gets me is the cheapness of some of the material. I bought a Kenmore Elite DW about 11 years ago and I have had to replace the cheap plastic wheel assembly on all four of the rack wheels that allow the racks to slide in and out. Luckily I found replacements on line that are made of steel so I don't expect to have to replace every again.

What gets me is the cheapness of some of the material. I bought a Kenmore Elite DW about 11 years ago and I have had to replace the cheap plastic wheel assembly on all four of the rack wheels that allow the racks to slide in and out. Luckily I found replacements on line that are made of steel so I don't expect to have to replace every again.
Less than a year after we bought our Bosch dishwasher, there was a forced recall due fire hazards from the power cord. Bosch's supplier had cheaped out on the conductors, and it was just a bit below the required power carrying capacity.

Well, Eldon just left, we checked the supply and that seemed fine so, we redid the drain just in case that was restricted just enough to make the computer not be compliant. So, I’m goi g to wash a LOT of stuff between now and Sunday. I’ve not cancelled the Bosch guy just because it still might be a computer adjustment (if this doesn’t really address the problem).
I’m crossing my fingers!

Back