Marinated two 1 inch thick in Wicker's for about 4 hours
then seasoned the steaks with Blues Hog rub
but first, enjoyed this fine local brew from The Delafield Brewhaus
Sommerzeit Hefe Weizen

IMG_4623.JPG

the pork steaks on the Performer indirect with a dome temp about 325ºF
apple wood for smoke...

IMG_4624.JPG

after about 60 minutes or so, maybe 80 minutes, I removed they, foiled and rested off the grill.

IMG_4625.JPG

then served with unDERcooked sweet potatoes and sautéed poblano peppers and garden beans

IMG_4628.JPG

it's been a while since I've made pork steaks, it won't be long before I grill'em again, these were GREAT!
Thank you for stoppin' by! ´ö`

Last edited:
Jim that looks fantastic mighty tasty for sure. Pork steaks are the only way to go Rich and have them all the time.

Man, looks great. Describe please if you will the uncooked sweat 'taters. They appear to be glazed? What's the process?

Mighty fine looking Pork Steaks & colorful sides! The Pork Steaks I get out here are pretty thin so they cook pretty quick.

And Mr. Lampe thanks for letting me know $4.19/lb is a great price for Chuck Eye's! Have a great weekend!

thanks guys! and You Are Welcome Greg! keep buyin'em ;)
Rolf and wait, the "glaze" you see is only the pork drippings (or grease) from when I foiled the steaks while resting...
and uncooked sweet potatoes SHOULD read UNDERCOOKED....
yams that were not in the oven long enough. quite possibly some thing you may not prefer.
I do not.

thanks guys! and You Are Welcome Greg! keep buyin'em ;)
Rolf and wait, the "glaze" you see is only the pork drippings (or grease) from when I foiled the steaks while resting...
and uncooked sweet potatoes SHOULD read UNDERCOOKED....
yams that were not in the oven long enough. quite possibly some thing you may not prefer.
I do not.

Laughing my *** off! So, the culinary delight that I had prepared my very best taste buds for was not only a typo, it was a cooking mistake, and an unpleasant one at that!

Jim, I gotta' tell you, I am sorely disappointed. I was ready, nay...anticipating...some delicious new way to cook (or not to cook, that is the question) sweet potatoes. Instead, I find myself cursing Julia Child's memory.

Maybe next time ease up on the Sommerzeit Hefe Weizen!

Thanks for a great laugh! All in good fun, my plate wouldn't look that good even if I nailed the potatoes!

Thanks Cliff!

Constructive criticism is good, and welcomed.
BS criticism is pure bull****. Yank my chain a little more and your mission will be accomplished.

Thanks to all here. I'm now done.

The ability to laugh at ourselves about our mistakes is an important element.

Want some of mine?

How about the time I tried a new brining method on 25 lbs. of ribs. We had 12 people over and the star of the meal was salt. The ribs were wasted and inedible. Well beyond some uncooked sweet potatoes.

Or the time I tried to smoke a turkey and could never get it to temp. We ended up with company and rotisserie chicken.

Or the time(s) I forgot the grill and lost (fill in whatever) due to flare ups.

Or how about waiting so long to dump the coals they had nothing left to give.

Hilarious? Yes. So, big deal. I got ribbed big time. So what.

My post wasn't criticism, even though that's how you took it. It was meant to rib you good naturedly. Face it, me asking your preparation methods 'uncooked sweet potatoes' is funny. The funniest things happen when a series of events leads to them, like your error followed up by a typo that led to my stupid question.

I don't know how anyone can't see the humor in that.

Nice work as always Jim!! I always love your grilling and drink pictures.....I like to see different techniques and coal placement (and meat on the grill always is perfect)! Looks like a great dinner!!

Cursing Julia Child's memory? C'mon you know you that you wish could talk just like she did!

A pair of the best looking pork steaks I've ever seen!
Not much of a sweet potato eater anyhow, so not a problem.

I'd buy that brew just for the label!

Back