Been awhile...Brisket foodgasm to follow...

Dale Matlock

So, it's been awhile. But I just knocked out a Brisket and Butt today. I have to say this Brisket just turned out amazing. I read thread after thread after thread how people battle with this piece of meat and I think today I just reflected on those threads and thought I would share this advice. Brisket is ready when it's ready, forget temps, forget the science....and ask one simple dang question...."Is it probe tender?" I feel that it's just really that simple. Don't make it harder than what it is...Anywho, pics of todays cook...YUMMY!!

Resting

Flat sliced up

Bend Test= SAT

Holding the point up, fat rendered really really well.

Point and Flat all sliced up

Anyhow, I kept it simple today. Salt and Pepper, Hickory, 275 the whole way. Hit a stall awkardly at around 200....she finally gave it up around 208 and was probe tender :wsm:

Hope you all enjoyed the pics!

Dale

I agree with you, keep it simple, and the brisket will let you know when it's done. You nailed this one!!! Looks great! I could eat half of that brisky!!!! Yum!

I like this post, because it--again--demonstrates the importance of probing over temp. (208 sounds like a high temp, but, if that's where it got tender, then that's where it needed to be!)

The Brisket was only wrapped in foil for resting. During the last 2 hours I did spritz with water every 30 minutes to keep the bark from drying out/hardening.

Dale, if you keep doin briskets like that it won't be long til there's a line outside your place like there is at Franklin's place!

Back