Beef Ribs

TonyUK

TVWBB Guru
Found these in the freezer the other day and decided to cook them today. A monster 4 boned plate beef ribs.
Cross-hatched the membrane and dusted with a combo of mixed rub & SPOG.
IMG_1050.jpg

07:00hrs: Minion Sidewinder with a cherry & whisky oak combo, utilising my newly acquired fire basket.
IMG_1051.jpg

Probes in ready.
IMG_1052.jpg

I had a quick peek at the stall, 166. Nice pull-back & bark starting.
IMG_1056.jpg

This has been a challenging cook from the get-go. Damp fuel & a squirly probe being the two culprits which resulted in having to do the hot-squat & start a new fire with fresh briqs, and a pit-probe change. No big deal, but I'd rather not of had to do it. Maybe a 45 minute loss in cook time.
I finally got the cook under control after three hours, temps jumping about, & everything is going to plan.

......to be continued......

And that looks quite grand! Just re-seasoning my old CI muffin tin for tonight’s “Yorkies” that thing has not been out for use in thirty years! Just washed it and letting it get hot and happy in the oven for a bit.

After 10hrs I got to 195IT.
IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

Sliced. The top third was crispy bark and moist meat. The middle third was nothing short of a well cooked brisket. It oozed juices. The bottom third had some tug off the bone.....my favourite.
IMG_1064.jpg

Your plate. Colcannon mashed spuds, sautéed gus & a mayo/sriracha slaw. One bone fed both of us. (There's three left).
IMG_1065.jpg

Have a fab weekend.

Great looking cook. Would you mind providing some details on your charcoal basket? Thanks.
It's a piece of 3mm 304 SS sheet that has been laser cut. Formed, then welded.
The grate is a titanium camping grill, off Amazon, that is the exact same size as the stock 14.5 charcoal grate. I attached it to the fire basket with 4 x SS zip-ties. The basket measures 10.2" in diameter and is 7.5" deep.
IMG_1039.jpg

I bought it from a vendor on Etsy (UK).

Thanks Eric! Does not look as “Robust” as Tony’s and $89! That seems a touch dear but, I don’t have shop or welding skills. I have to think about that.

Tony now that is a proper beef rib cook, that smoke ring is excellant and the meat is nor dry at all.
I also like that WSM charcoal basket.
Only thing missing is me with a mouth full of what's on that plate.

Back