Beef getting another bad rap targeting many of us!

I've only eaten at CFA a couple of times, but the salad I had was great.

1697831624710.png

But given a choice I'd take an In and Out Double Double with grilled onions any day.

1697831684342.png

I rarely go to either because the lines are so long.

They are building 2 In-n-Out’s here in the Boise area. I’m not a fan (overrated IMHO) but I anticipate the lines to be outrageous when they open, primarily due to the high number of CA transplants who have moved here. I am a big Freddie's Steakburger fan. We have a Culver’s but I have not tried them. I will soon. I’m making a quick trip next week to Mesa, AZ to finalize my late Mom’s estate and I’m looking forward to my favorite fast food burger—green hatch chili double cheeseburger from What-a-Burger.

My gripe with CFA is every time I have gone there, the chicken as been soggy, with gummy coating, the waffle fries under done and soggy as well. IDK why this one in Rockford has so many issues making quaity food, but, sadly it's just plain disappointing. Whereas our Culver's is pretty reliab;e there (at least if they get your order right) which only do about 60% of the time
That is pretty disappointing. I have had soggy fries from time to time, and sometimes I get the waffle potato chips instead. When they are fully cooked and hot, though, I think they are hard to beat. I have not had soggy chicken at CFA, at least to my taste. Maybe the Rockford crew needs to go to Georgia for some remedial training😂! I hope they at least know how to say “My pleasure!”

I've never tried CFA but they are right next to * yucks and both drive thrus are packed.
They opened up a Raising Canes, which looks intersting and I might try.
They also are opening up a Freddie's. Tried the burgers a few years ago and liked.
Normally I avoid fast food.

They are building 2 In-n-Out’s here in the Boise area. I’m not a fan (overrated IMHO) but I anticipate the lines to be outrageous when they open, primarily due to the high number of CA transplants who have moved here. I am a big Freddie's Steakburger fan. We have a Culver’s but I have not tried them. I will soon. I’m making a quick trip next week to Mesa, AZ to finalize my late Mom’s estate and I’m looking forward to my favorite fast food burger—green hatch chili double cheeseburger from What-a-Burger.
Cheeseburger with extra patty, grilled and raw onions, extra pickles, sliced chilis. sometimes protein style, sometimes on a bun. with fries light well and a small drink (iced tea, unsweetened). IN N OUT is the cleanest fast food burger out there (fresh products and ingredients).

is it great? no, mine are better (humble opinion). but when you just want to chill with some friends or your family, IN N OUT gets our only fast food dollars. we just don't do fast food much, if at all anymore.

I thought Culvers was a more regional chain. They started in a town about 20 miles from where I live and they are all over around here. I thought they were mostly just a midwest type thing.

I thought Culvers was a more regional chain. They started in a town about 20 miles from where I live and they are all over around here. I thought they were mostly just a midwest type thing.
They were but as people from the arctic circle here began emigrating to different places just like White Castle they spread. IDK if they're like Lou Malnatti's Pizza or Portillo's in that once they venture away from home base the quality begins declining. I know for sure Malnatti's out here is nowhere near as good as if you go into the original shop on Lincoln Ave or one of their earlier shops (the one in Elk Grove by O'Hare on Higgins) but I can tell you, I don't enjoy it like when we lived in Chicago and would go to the original on Lincoln Ave very often

The best burger I have ever had was In an Outs and I mean the best for a chain had it in Vegas unfortunately they are not in Atlanta and doubt they will ever get here.

Larry sorry your chik fila in your area is a disappointment I have never heard anyone describe what you seem to have a problem with the food from them.

I will have to try Culvers they now have a location near me in Woodstock I think they have 3 in the Atlanta area now.

Small world. I used to live in Woodstock.....................Woodstock IL where they filmed Groundhog Day. Was living there, during filming. Wife and (little at the time toddler daughters) met Bill Murray

Culver’s is growing! If I’m not making the burger, I’ll fast food one of theirs! No, it’s not fine dining but, it’s above average fast food.

Hardwood lumber come in thicknesses of 4/4 (1”) 5/4 (1 1/4”) 6/4 (1 1/2”) 8/4 (2”), etc.
Yes, but that is a specific market, and 5/4 is still an improper fraction. In the lumber industry it’s the way cabinet makers have enough material to get a finished size which is controllable. It’s relative to board feet increments. I have a very talented cabinet maker that is careful to not “overbuy” the board feet.

Yes, but that is a specific market, and 5/4 is still an improper fraction. In the lumber industry it’s the way cabinet makers have enough material to get a finished size which is controllable. It’s relative to board feet increments. I have a very talented cabinet maker that is careful to not “overbuy” the board feet.
Ok Timothy F. Lewis, you win the internet today…

Back