Beef getting another bad rap targeting many of us!

I saw another article today about if you eat red meat more than once a week your chances of type 2 diabetes increases as you age.
I guess our great ancestors were all diabetic?

Not in that age group but my beef consumption is in the top 5% of humans and I won't stop!

Presently surprised that they were able to report that a quarter pounder has about a quarter pound of beef though.

Saw this article about beef consumption being heavily tilted toward males 50 to 65:
Actually I am not really shocked by that. My daughters 26 and 29 seldom eat any beef at all. They eat tons of chicken and if they want a burger it would usually be a chicken or turkey burger which I have to admit since I have had them are actually pretty good depending on the brand. My wife enjoys a filet like I do but not that often so if I left the menu up to her 7 days a week most of the time there would be no beef on it. I still love a good burger and a good steak but to be honest that is usually when we go out to eat which is a couple of times a week. And by the way I don't always get a burger or a steak when we do.

Pork that is a bit different all my family enjoys a good pork tenderloin and we probably do that at least 3 times a month. Lots of shrimp during the month and scallops in my neck of the woods has been pretty inexpensive so probably every 2 weeks Kroger has had them on sale numerous times for $11.99 a pound the sea scallops would never waste my time with the small ones.

Brisket we almost never eat that only 2 of us so that again would be a restaurant item and not much. We don't go to barbecue places that often I really don't care for pulled pork so when we go its brisket. I did do a pork butt a month ago when my daughter was home came out perfect my wife enjoys that also and I ate it but we had alot left froze it and my wife ate the rest but I am done with it when it comes to leftovers.

Last edited:

Back