Baked Chicken on the Weber and Dutch Oven

You guys are all too good. Thank you for all the nice compliments. Sure do appreciate it.

I use the chart in this article to help with DO temps. I am all over that cauliflower dude - how long did you cook it? I have not used Johnny's since I lived in the Pacific North West - I wonder if I can get it down here in the bayou...

Regards,

John

Thanks for the link John. I'm doing this cook again in 1 or 2 weeks. Doing a few things differently, one of which is heat, so we'll see how it goes. I'll post a couple of follow up pics. I cooked the cauliflower for about 45 minutes. Trying to time it so it was done with the chicken. Really liked the Johnny's. First time I've used it. You should be able to find it on line. That's what I do with all the great stuff you guys use. Very little of it is available here. If you can't find it, let me know. I could send it to you.

I have a couple of 14" DOs but I found these 16" on-line - maybe I will got one too - I have a large scout troop and could use the space...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camp-Chef-Classic-16-Dutch-Oven/20468119

http://www.campchef.com/16-cast-iron-classic-dutch-oven.html

Regards,

John

Looked at the 16 inch Camp Chef's today, but I went with the 14 inch Lodge. Spoke with the rep at Lodge and they discontinued their 16 inch two years ago.

Looked at the 16 inch Camp Chef's today, but I went with the 14 inch Lodge. Spoke with the rep at Lodge and they discontinued their 16 inch two years ago.

I have two 14" Lodge DOs and two 12" - I like them a lot. That is too bad about the 16" (I was hoping to get one), the Lodge stuff is decent - all of my CI is Lodge except for an old 12" flat bottom DO I got from my Mom. It is over 140 years old - handed down through my family and a square 12" frying pan of indeterminate age (old though) we got from my wife's family. I cook almost exclusively in CI or on the grill (or both).

Regards,

John

Last edited:
Cliff, that looks awesome to me and I love the way you did the cauliflower. Will have to give it a try, just one question did you put any water with it?

Cliff the first time I tried cooking chicken in a DO yours looks raw in comparison to what I ended up with. Yours looks great to me!

Cliff, that looks awesome to me and I love the way you did the cauliflower. Will have to give it a try, just one question did you put any water with it?

Thanks Rich and Barb. No Barb, did not use any water, just the seasoning salt and shredded parmesan. Little water probably wouldn't hurt, but the cauliflower was plenty moist just on its own.

Back