Asian-style Flank and Veggies

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
Well, we had some beautiful spring weather today here in OK so we took advantage of it and finished working on our garden.

We planted two kinds of tomatoes (one heirloom variety), cucumbers, squash, peppers, eggplant, string beans, strawberries, and a few herbs. Looking forward to watching it grow this spring/summer.

Anyhow, while we were working outside I had a 1.87 lb. flank steak marinating in K.C. Masterpeice's Honey and Teriyaki Marinade (comes in a 16 oz. bottle). Sorry, if you were hoping for a new recipe :p. I let it marinate for about 4 hours or so ( could have gone longer ).

Lit a full chimney of Royal Oak briquettes for the 22.5" kettle

Tonya and the kids skewered some veggies for me: onion, red and green bell, and white mushrooms. They joined the flank when it was nearly done.

Veggies were basted with the Honey and Teriyaki Marinade while on the grill

Plated with rice

A good Saturday evening meal! The marinade is pretty good stuff. If you use it be careful cooking directly over the flames. It has enough sugar in it that it will burn (as I quickly found out, lol..)

Ok well, thanks for looking!!

Nice cook

Good work on the veggie patch in the garden, I assume that the produce is in danger of being introduced to a Weber at some stage...

Great looking flank. Haven't had flank steak since I was a kid. Now you've got me thinking about it!

Nice cook

Good work on the veggie patch in the garden, I assume that the produce is in danger of being introduced to a Weber at some stage...

Yes sir, hope to be eating lots of grilled fresh veggies this summer. Especially the mini sweet peppers, bell peppers, and squash. Tonya planted some sweet basil that she is looking forward to cooking with.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Back