Apple Smoked Turkey on the Weber Grill!!

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Busy weekend in cooking! Saturday, I grilled up a nice choice flat Iron steak. Sunday, I smoked a turkey on the grill, using Apple wood for the smoke. I picked up a Jennie-O brand turkey at Fresh and Easy, on sale for only $.59 lb. This bird, was about 16 lbs. It only took 2 hrs for the breast meat to come up to 165F. At that point, I removed the turkey from the grill, covered in foil, and let her rest for about 45 minutes, before carving. All vents wide open, used charcoal baskets, and water in a disposable water pan. The meat was super moist and tender, with the right amount of smoke flavor. I'm starting to like this method of smoking a turkey, instead of the WSM. The birds seem to cook faster this way, as oppose it usually takes about 3-4 hrs on the WSM. Either way, I'm happy how this turkey came out!!! :).

16 lb. Jennie-o Turkey

Going to use Apple wood for this bird.

Bird on!!!! Apple wood, sure smells good!!!

Taking a peek, at the 1hr mark. Lookin' good!

2hr mark, bird is done!!!! Time to rest in some foil.

Time to enjoy a turkey leg!!!!

Thanks for looking :).

Very nice looking turkey Micheal!!! I always seem to stock up on turkeys and hams from F&E this time of year.

Wow! Two hours for a 16 pound bird, that must of been a really hot cook. Perfect looking bird though, hope mine comes out as well on turkey day.

Great lookin' bird, Michael! I'm still debating: rotisserie on the gasser or as you just did on Round Red...:confused:

Back