Anybody else experienced this - Full BBQ Replacement Under Warranty

Trying to get back on track, it is interesting how different the stories we hear are from various people interacting with Weber customer service on warranty issues.

No complaint on CFA on the service. They're attentive and very nice, and they get orders correct. Unlike even my fav chain (Culver's). (at least here in Rockford IL). Same goes for CFA as my only experience is here in the Rockford IL location. And it seems that in many cases chains like CFA, and such seem to treat our area as some "backwater" place that does not count in the quality game. Never know. If I were to try CFA in another location it might be night and day different. I can't say. All I know is HERE every time I have tried them and TRIED to like them I am treated to soggy, flabby product. Maybe their corporate people need to come out to our little backwater time forgot? :D
I’ve not been to a CFA in quite a while, it was fine, staff was very nice. I’ve never had a miss at Culver’s here, I don’t know what trouble you’ve had Larry but, send them an email! I’m always impressed with the caliber of food from them, the fish sandwich is a staple through Lent for us. There used to be a little “local” chain called the Chicken Coop that did the most amazing cod! It made Lent a joy! They also did perch which was incredible! The chicken was out of this world! Sadly, the family decided they didn’t care anymore so they sold it and it went straight down the tubes.

Larry, there is a CFA in Madison by East Towne Mall. It is the only CFA I have ever been to. I have been there maybe two or three times. I have heard great things about them. I have never been real impressed with their famous chicken sandwich which is what I ordered all 2-3 times. It was OK, but nothing that made me want to come back on a regular basis. Service was good though. I wanted to really like them, but I find them to be just OK. Maybe I should try something other than the Chix Sandwich next time.

Trying to get back on track, it is interesting how different the stories we hear are from various people interacting with Weber customer service on warranty issues.
Yah, Jon, I have experienced a range of experiences but mostly in the upper range but never in the bad range. Nothing like Larry's or a few others that I have seen.

I'd much rather have a McChicken than anything on Chick-fil-A's menu.
Wake me when they figure out what mayo is, get rid of the nasty
waffle fries, and are open on Sunday. I can't say enough good things
about Culver's though. Great food, great service, and awesome fries.
Wish we had a Portillo's or Lou Malnatti's in KC.

I'd much rather have a McChicken than anything on Chick-fil-A's menu. NOT EVEN CLOSE IN MY BOOK! HOW DIFFERENT WE ALL ARE!
Wake me when they figure out what mayo is I CAN'T STAND MAYO :sick:, SO I WOULDN'T EVEN NOTICE!

get rid of the nasty waffle fries LOVE THEM - WHEN SERVED HOT 🔥- BUT TRY TO AVOID

, and are open on Sunday. THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS ABOUT CFA. THEIR EMPLOYEES HAVE A LIFE AND FAMILY CAN PLAN KNOWING THERE IS ONE DAY OFF. I worked at a grocery chain in Florida every Christmas and summer while in college and was convinced that their 7-day workweek - with no discernable weekend - was the cause of a lot of family tension and divorce.

I can't say enough good things about Culver's though. Great food, great service, and awesome fries. SO FUNNY AGAIN AS MY STOPS AT CULVERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN "WHY DID I BOTHER!:unsure:" It's just hilarious how we respond so differently to the same exact things:)
Wish we had a Portillo's or Lou Malnatti's in KC. MAYBE NICE THAT THEY ARE IN INDY AREA, BUT YOU HAVE SOME OF THE VERY BEST BBQ PLACES IN THE NATION! I WILL TRADE ANY DAY!!!!!

And now, back to Weber warranty service....

I'd much rather have a McChicken than anything on Chick-fil-A's menu.
Wake me when they figure out what mayo is, get rid of the nasty
waffle fries, and are open on Sunday. I can't say enough good things
about Culver's though. Great food, great service, and awesome fries.
Wish we had a Portillo's or Lou Malnatti's in KC.
Your kidding I assume, the McChicken is the worst sandwich I have ever had. My family would not eat at a McDonalds for a chicken sandwich if they gave it to them. Myself the Popeyes classic chicken sandwich is the best I have ever had and I like CFA chicken sandwiches also.

Sorry you don't like waffle fries not my choice either by the way my favorite fries from fast food has always been McDonalds but I never go there anymore. No idea how Larry's CFA is that bad certainly not the case down here never heard anybody dis CFA. Yes the Sunday thing is kind of a bummer but that has always been the case but things at least in NY might be changing that.

Wanted to provide an update. Since I got a great deal on the grill I wanted to add the new NIGHTVISION LED grill handle from the Genesis SPX-435. When I contacted Weber they said, it isn't compatible with my grill which I found odd and furthermore said that replacing the handle could void the warranty (also odd).

I contacted my local dealer who gave me the measurements of the handle on the SPX they had on display and the measurements were the same and they said we don't see why this wouldn't work. They recommended I order it from GrillSpot.com/.ca as they have a fantastic return policy.

Took 2 months to receive it and I can confirm it does fit and does work with the Genesis S-435 and I feel that this grill is so much more functional with it.
5_36800001_1800x1800.png.jpeg6_35810001_1800x1800.jpg
Hutch!

Very nice. Companies always throw out the "modifications disclaimer". The are afraid you will do something that would actually affect the grill such as drilling new holes for the handle or installing something that affects the operation of the grill itself. Because nobody ever does that.....:ROFLMAO::geek:.
I just wonder how durable those LED's are inside the cookbox like that.

Very nice. Companies always throw out the "modifications disclaimer". The are afraid you will do something that would actually affect the grill such as drilling new holes for the handle or installing something that affects the operation of the grill itself. Because nobody ever does that.....:ROFLMAO::geek:.
I just wonder how durable those LED's are inside the cookbox like that.
The nut that retains the handle has a glass eye in it to protect the LED from the heat. Will report back on longevity and battery usage.

Back