ABTs, Rib Eyes, Spuds and Sprouts

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Started things off yesterday with some ABTs. Was in town earlier and picked up a couple of beautiful Prime Rib Eyes from Costco. Sided them up with a couple of Russets and a Brussel Sprout dish. Came out pretty good. Here's the pic's.

Let's take care of the ABT's first. Made up 24 of them. Stuffed with Chives and Onion Cream Cheese, pecan rub, Sharp Cheddar, Lit'l Smokies (beef) and wrapped in peppered bacon.

On my little WSM at 275 for about an hour and a half.

All done.

The steaks.

Thinly sliced a pound of Brussel Sprouts.

Mixed chopped sprouts with rest of ingredients, butter, chopped onion, garlic thinly sliced, chicken broth, sugar, salt, coarsely chopped pecans.

Potatoes on my Smokey.

Last edited:

Steaks on. Salt and Pepper only. About 3 minutes a side.

Briefly on indirect to bring them up to about 125 - 130.

Plated.

Everything came out very nice. Steaks were great. This sprout dish is fantastic, if you enjoy Brussel Sprouts. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Off the charts Cliff! Barb's going to be bugging you for some more info on those ABT's and sprouts.

WOW!!! Cliff you sent that way out of the ball park. Every thing looks fantastic I'm on my way. Would you please share the recipe for the ABT's and sprouts. Awesome!!:D

Tasty Looking meal Cliff! We do a similar dish with brussel sprouts where we braise them in a beer or cider then add the other ingredients you have, super tasty! Man those steak photos have convinced me that's what's for dinner!

Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

WOW!!! Cliff you sent that way out of the ball park. Every thing looks fantastic I'm on my way. Would you please share the recipe for the ABT's and sprouts. Awesome!!:D

Barb and Rich... Here is the base recipe I used for the Brussels Sprouts. Just did them on the grill rather than oven. The ABT's are pretty much done just as described in the post. I used Philadelphia Chive and Onion cream cheese, topped with some of my Pecan Rub (use whatever rub you like), got some finely grated sharp cheddar, Beef Smokies, each wrapped with half piece of bacon. Again, I smoked mine but you can grill them also and they're just as good.

Last edited:

Back