12" NS skillet recs?

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
My 12" Cuisinart skillet has pretty much lost the "non" part of "nonstick", so I'm in the market for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Gordon Ramsay's now shilling for Hexclad and there's always a Gotham Steel infomercial somewhere on the air, but I'm looking for real-world experience. It feels like the Cuisinart lasted 10 years or more and I'd buy another one, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. And if it's a pan that can be bought at Kohl's, even better - my wife has the lifetime employee discount. Thanks!

My 12" Cuisinart skillet has pretty much lost the "non" part of "nonstick", so I'm in the market for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Gordon Ramsay's now shilling for Hexclad and there's always a Gotham Steel infomercial somewhere on the air, but I'm looking for real-world experience. It feels like the Cuisinart lasted 10 years or more and I'd buy another one, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. And if it's a pan that can be bought at Kohl's, even better - my wife has the lifetime employee discount. Thanks!
The Gotham Steel , Blue Diamond, etc...are not good. They seem great for the first six months or so but go downhill rapidly from there. We just dropped $50 on a Crate & Barrel nonstick...same coating as the others I mentioned but heavier stainless construction. I've found the Members Mark Commercial non-stick to be the best value....about $30...but still lucky to get a year out of the coating.

We've had a small set (2 pans) of the Blue Granite (IIRC the name correctly). Stumbled on to them at a great price at Costco. They're amazing. Better than any NS I have ever bought. Coating seems hard as nails, plenty slick. I've purposely abused them (even putting them into the dishwasher) over the last 3 years or so. You would never know by using or looking at them how badly I beat on them.

Was going to ask the same question.
Except for a set of pans. We will need all new pots and pans when we move home.
Any help would be appreciated.

I’m also in the market for a 10” nonstick to replace my Calphalon which is chipping after like 20” years of almost daily use. The most common use is cooking scrambled eggs. Was thinking about ceramic. Anyone have experience with ceramic vs nonstick?

p.s. is there a style of nonstick that can be used with metal utensils?

Last edited:
When you say NS (non-stick) do you mean at low temps? For like omelets and and foods with no browning/crisping? Because technically, ALL my pans are non-stick if you use them at the right temperature with the right oils etc. My cast iron is non-stick, as long as you heat it up for 15 minutes and apply oil. My stainless steel pan is perfectly non-stick - but only after being heated to 500 degrees with lots of oil etc.

That said, in the traditional sense of NS, I love my Kirkland brand "teflon" type non-stick pans (bought a set there a few years ago on a whim - I think a 6", 8", and 10"). Very heavy duty and holding up excellently. But my all-time FAVORITE low temp non-stick pans are from the Costco Business Centre...they absorb heat SO fast...you can put them on the burner and be cooking in 2 min. Do crepes and anything without any oil. I do treat them gently though and I hope they will last for many more years though they were not overly expensive either - I never use them above medium heat, never touch a metal utensil to them (I prefer silicon to match the curved edges anyways) and I hand wash (they are pretty big and really only ever need a quick wipe). After 3 years of very regular use they still work (and look) like brand new... I would 100% recommend and will buy again...if I have to.

Last edited:
When you say NS (non-stick) do you mean at low temps? For like omelets and and foods with no browning/crisping? Because technically, ALL my pans are non-stick if you use them at the right temperature with the right oils etc. My cast iron is non-stick, as long as you heat it up for 15 minutes and apply oil. My stainless steel pan is perfectly non-stick - but only after being heated to 500 degrees with lots of oil etc.

That said, in the traditional sense of NS, I LOVE my Kirkland brand "teflon" type non-stick pans (bought a set there a few years ago on a whim - I think a 6", 8", and 10"). But my all-time favorite low temp non-stick pans are from the Costco Business Centre...they absorbs heat SO SO fast...you can put them on the burner and be cooking in 2 min. Does crepes and anything without any oil. I do treat them gently though and I hope they will last for many many years - never above medium heat, never touch a metal utensil etc. After 3 years of very regular use they still work (and look) like new...

They look identical the ones sold at Sam's. I bought one of them on a whim. They do work well. But, still not as good as these https://granitestone.com/products/t...12355&pr_ref_pid=6058436559011&pr_seq=uniform bought at Costco on a special. Honestly these things are the best non stick pans I've ever used, I've abused the daylights out of them, even running through full wash cycles in my dishwasher a number of times. Honestly amazing

They look identical the ones sold at Sam's. I bought one of them on a whim. They do work well. But, still not as good as these https://granitestone.com/products/t...12355&pr_ref_pid=6058436559011&pr_seq=uniform bought at Costco on a special. Honestly these things are the best non stick pans I've ever used, I've abused the daylights out of them, even running through full wash cycles in my dishwasher a number of times. Honestly amazing
The Project Farm guy seems to be in agreement with you.

Tellin ya. I saw them at Costco. And I thought "as seen on TV" how good can they be? All I can tell you is Damn they're REALLY good.

The best non-stick is my Le Creuset enamal coated cast iron dutch oven which I bought at Costco many years ago.

Back