Pork Steaks!

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Yesterday, I received an email for a very good friend and local hero in this forum...
in the email, he added a link about a joint in St Louie serving up pork steaks...
after reading it I got to thinking, "...it's been forever since I made pork steaks..."
so I called my favourite meat shop and ordered a half dozen 1+" cuts of the STL BBQ
Here's the link to Bob's story:
http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/dining/restaurants/reviews/belleville-s-beast-craft-bbq-delivers-on-its-all-killer/article_0b861f0e-09d5-5db8-b732-8c8b81c83e93.html

wasn't intending to post any photos, since I only took two, here are the steaks I smoked last night.

pork1.jpg

pork.jpg

low & slow for 1½ hours, then foiled with a little Maull's inside for another half hour...
They were GREAT!
Thank you Bob Correll for reminding me about Pork Steaks!
and Thank you for stoppin' by!

Last edited:
And thank you Jim for making me run to the store to get some!
There isn't a griller around here who can turn out pork steaks better than those!

umyoo0j.jpg

Those steaks look fantastic, any idea what the pit temp was during your 2 hour cook (and did you adjust temp for the foiled cook?)

thanks folks :)
Chucko, inside the Weber Platinum the temp was around 300º and no, no adjustments...

Ya know, Jim, I was in Stoneridge the other day and looked at some really nice thick cut pork steaks and for some stupid reason, I passed on them.

After seeing your post, I will be heading there on Monday to see if they still have any. Hope they turn out half as good as yours.

Last edited:
Jim, if your pork steaks tasted even half as good as they look they would have to be amazing!

Jim;
Those pork steaks look YUMMY!:D Due to you and a couple of others on here, I have become a fan (as has my wife).

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Nice steaks Jim! Wish my grocery store would cut me some! Last time I tried they didn't come out so good.

Back