Two Hour Fifteen Minute Spares

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
1st we saw Bob Correll spin his...
Then, Mister Sixto Lezcano show his twist on this...
My drool got the best of me. I HAD to do this too!
Seasoned up a nice STLcut rack of spares with Penzey's BBQ3000 and Blues Hog rub then spit'em

IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

using a used layer of unlit Kingsford in the base of the 22"WSM,
I then added a half of a Weber chimney of lit Kingsford atop that.
With apple and hickory wood for smoke. No waterpan.

IMG_1256.JPG

Check out this 45 second video ▼
47b20s0.gif

the ribs were fork tender after 2 hour and 15 minutes... well before I expected them to be done.

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

served with superfood broccoli and iron skillet baked Yukons

IMG_1265.JPG

a beautiful smoke ring & crispy bark... but the flavour and tenderness of this pork was incredible!!

IMG_1264.JPG

it blows my mind to think I can come home from work, prep the WSM and a rack of wonderful spares...
AND spin out a great barbecue dinner like this in under three hours total.
Thanks to Bob and Sénor Six for amazing inspiration!!
and thank you for stoppin' by!
mayi.gif

Winner winner spare rib dinner. That looks great. Amazing how spinning around a rotisserie allows for faster cooking. This makes me want to invest in a setup for my grill.

Now, I envy you rotisserie - again ... The result looks very good! Beautiful plate (as allways) Jim.

Never thought I'd see you eat fast food James!:p
Man you absolutely killed that slab, ring and all!!

Yep, as per our talk yesterday, your ribs are meatier the ones I've been finding around here.
I'm gonna try Costco next, have only bought bb's there.

Great looking ribs and plate, Jim. I'm a fan of Farmland. Have not tried their ribs, but their bacon is about the best store bought bacon I've found, at least out here.

Mmmm those look finger lickin good! Awesome plate! Hmm...wonder if the roti skewer for my Genesis will fit on the WSM?

Those ribs look great Jim and about half the time and a lot less hassle, just have to learn to drink faster so I can keep up with the ribs!

They sure look good. Jim,do you think that the 12% solution had anything to do with being tender and flavor?
Never bought solution ribs, always fresh. Could you taste the difference?
Thanks for sharing,
Chuck.

They sure look good. Jim,do you think that the 12% solution had anything to do with being tender and flavor?
Never bought solution ribs, always fresh. Could you taste the difference?
Thanks for sharing,
Chuck.
The ribs I buy, Chuck, are always fresh- never frozen and 100% natural.
No additives, solutions or enhancements.
If not from Harry Hansen's Meat Service, they are from Farmland.
So, to answer your question, do I think that "the 12% solution" had anything to do with being tender and flavor?
What 12% solution??

The package the ribs came in says 100% natural No additives.
Perhaps they have both added and natural.

Jim, watching your ribs spinning video reminds me of our next door neighbor in the early 60's. He had a 50's style flat round grill that he made a rotiss hood
for it with a glass viewing window. Sure I may be easily amused, but I was mesmerized watching his ribs spin for a long time. They were great as I am sure yours were too.

Back