Couple of today's cooks

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
7 1/2lb pork butt on the Jumbo Joe. Deep dish pizza at lunch.

jumbo Joe fired up at 3:30a and pork on at 4a

11 1/2 hours later pork pulled off the JJ

It's FTW'd for a couple hours waiting for dinner. :cool:

Agreed!!! Need more information on that pizza...PLEASE?!?!?!...and i'm no fan of deep dish pizza, but yours looks absolutely incredible!!!

Check out some of my precious posts. Here's a couple pics of previous cooks.:cool:

And a slice of my breakfast deep dish experiment.

Last edited:
you said smokey joe but the butt is on a kettle, right?
Did you do 11 1/2 hours later on the kettle? wow! can you please give details on your setup? any wood?

Perfect Picture, Perfect Cooks!

www_elephantjournal_com_wp-content_uploads_2008_07_borat-nice_jpg.jpg

you said smokey joe but the butt is on a kettle, right?
Did you do 11 1/2 hours later on the kettle? wow! can you please give details on your setup? any wood?

Not a smokey joe. This was done on a Jumbo Joe. Just wanted to see if I could do it for future reference if I needed to take this somewhere and needed to do a pulled pork. I must say I was impressed at how well it could keep a constant temp and how easy it was to manage the temp. A lot less fuel used than on a 22" kettle. This was one full charcoal basket I took out of my 22", and 3 additional had fulls throughout the cook. My hand full is 8-10 bricketts so that a max total of 30 bricketts added. So, I set filled the charcoal basket full with unlit charcoal. I buried a couple of the starter cubes in one corner which you'll see in the pick below are lit. When the flame was gone and it looked like a few bricketts were burning, I put the lid on, went and got the hunk of meat and put it on the grill. 11 1/2 hours later, what you see is what I got.

Here's a recent post on what I did on my 22" kettles. http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?54502-Pulled-pork-overnighter-tonight

Here's the set up from last night.

And getting it started at 3:30a this morning.

Last edited:
Nate, sure looks like you've got your grillin and L & S skills wired! How did your breakfast experiment come out?

Last edited:

Back