Pulled pork overnighter tonight

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
Well, I was volunteered to do pulled pork for a friends 1yo son's birthday party tomorrow which is a couple hours from where we live. Planning on leaving in the morning at 7a so that I have enough time to do up some turds. I'm running 2 kettles. Set that up last night so I don't have to mess around with it after work today. I have a total of 17.5lbs of bonless pork shoulder. I'll be putting them on tonight between 6-7p and crossing my fingers they'll be done, at least, by 7a. I think I'm just going to let them power though the whole cook without foiling. I've done it both ways but, depending on how things are progressing, they may end up getting foiled. I'm just using a mustard, salt & pepper rub. No injection. Here's what I set up last night. I'll post pics of the finish tomorrow.

Warming up with hot links and dogs on the JJ. Made a simple hot link sandwich with some left over mustard sauce we made for the pulled pork. Made some Carolina style sauce as well.

Yesterday (Friday): all set up and ready to light the fuses.

Fuses are lit and meat on at 6p

1a extending the snakes

Ended up wrapping just before 3a since the internal temps were not where I wanted them. Pulled them off at 5:30a with internal temps of 200*+.

Couldn't resist and tasted a chunk. Yum. It's all wrapped up now and in the car for the trip to the party. More pics later.

Great looking pictures Nate, those butts are awesome cann't wait to see the rest. Have fun!!

Thanks all for the compliments. Here are some more pics from the party.

Unwrapped after 6 hours of FTW. Ready to pull.

Back