Two Pizza Pies on the Kettle

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
There has been some fine looking pies posted lately so I had to breakout the Kettle

The setup was half a chimney of briqs and some Royal Oak

temporary_zps7dcf58a9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After I dumped the chimney I added some more Royal Oak and some wine barrel staves, I want to get this pit HOT

temporary_zpse3e1f966.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I would say this is HOT

temporary_zps58f298f5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I cook the dough/crust naked and then add the toppings and back into the kettle

temporary_zps21672b7e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All of the gauges are maxed out

temporary_zps175e0114.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Toppings on and ready to go back to the heat

temporary_zps41556d6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

temporary_zpsf9ebbdb6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pie number two, dressed and ready to hit the oven again

temporary_zps97975c81.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pies platted with some leftover wings that were in the fryer the night before and some blue cheese dip for the wings and some vino for the night

temporary_zps4060ac6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A great meal at home, thanks for looking wish you could have been here to enjoy this meal with us.

Those are some great looking pizza's, Jim. I've been looking at those Kettle Pizza's for a couple of weeks now. My wife and I both love pizza, but have been wrestling with the cost. I take it that you are happy with yours...

Those are some great looking pizza's, Jim. I've been looking at those Kettle Pizza's for a couple of weeks now. My wife and I both love pizza, but have been wrestling with the cost. I take it that you are happy with yours...

Cliff, I'm very happy with the pizza insert and it is expensive. I need to start making more pies to justify the cost, but I will have it for many....many years. Too bad you're not closer to me, I would loan it out to you and the wife.

Cliff, I'm very happy with the pizza insert and it is expensive. I need to start making more pies to justify the cost, but I will have it for many....many years. Too bad you're not closer to me, I would loan it out to you and the wife.

Thanks Jim. That is very nice. I think you might have just convinced me.

Ah Jim, you did good there my friend. Beautiful pies. With that heat why did you feel the need to do the dough first then top it, just wondering. For me 600 plus the pie goes in and spun after about three minutes then done a couple more minutes later. Just curious

Ah Jim, you did good there my friend. Beautiful pies. With that heat why did you feel the need to do the dough first then top it, just wondering. For me 600 plus the pie goes in and spun after about three minutes then done a couple more minutes later. Just curious

That is how the lady of the house wants me to do it, sure you understand.

Great looking pies. I've been thinking about buying a Kettle Pizza for quite some time. May have to go ahead and pull the trigger soon.

Warning hot??? Ain't no game for a scared a$$! Gorgeous and very creative pies! I have tried that quick crisping before topping the dough and doing it raw, it seems hard to be consistent enough with that darn Pizza Kettle to know which way is the ideal.

Back