WSM Mini Mod Using 18.5 Midsection?

Jordon

TVWBB Member
Maybe this has been answered already, but would it be possible to use the 18.5 midsection to make a WSM mini starting with the Smokey Joe?

Maybe this has been answered already, but would it be possible to use the 18.5 midsection to make a WSM mini starting with the Smokey Joe?

You mean the Jumbo Joe, right? I suppose it's possible with a Jumbo Joe, but I've only tried it with a pro q stacker.

They should be about the same correct? The midsection should fit in between the top and bottom of a Jumbo Joe?

Did it fit pretty easily Jeff? So all I should have to do is place it in between and it's good to go?

On the 18 WSM the bottom and top sections are the same pieces as the bottom pieces of the 18 kettle and 18 SJ., so ...the 18 WSM midsection will fit on a 18 SJ bottom, but the SJ lid wil not fit the 18 WSM body, you will need a 18 WSM lid to fit it's midsection or you can use the bottom of an 18 inch kettle and mod it to be a lid.

Last edited:
On the 18 WSM the bottom and top sections are the same pieces as the bottom pieces of the 18 kettle and 18 SJ., so ...the 18 WSM midsection will fit on a 18 SJ bottom, but the SJ lid wil not fit the 18 WSM body, you will need a 18 WSM lid to fit it's midsection or you can use the bottom of an 18 inch kettle and mod it to be a lid.
So what third party stacker would accommodate the SJP bottom and lid?

Back