Wireless Connection for a Stoker

Scotty "V"

I recently purchased a D-Link DWL-730AP to use in a client mode to connect to my existing wireless network. If I connect it to the Stoker, should it automatically connect to my wireless network?

Thanks

I think that is the same wireless bridge I bought. No, it doesn't work right out of the box. You'll need to connect it directly to your current router and go through the setup so it can connect to your main network.

The only thing I have problems with using this bridge is if I go out to the smoker and turn the Stoker off while I have the smoker opened up. For some reason, when I turn the Stoker back on, the wireless bridge never is able to connect back with my main network. If I just remember to use Stokerlog to set the target temp to 35 when I'm heading out to the smoker, I have no problems with the connection.

But the wireless bridge is great (I used to just use another wireless router, but then I could only be connected to that network and not still be on my main network). So now I can send text messages to myself so I know my probe temps when I'm not at home.

I connected the D-Link to a laptop and configured it so that it will access my home network.

What I am trying to accomplish is enable it so that I can see the Stoker log from my laptop via the internet.

Once the D-ink is connected to the Stoker, how do I view Stoker log via the internet?

Is it only a matter of pointing the browser at the specific IP address of the Stoker?

Thanks

If you are talking about accessing your Stokerlog while you are on a different network (i.e. logging onto the internet from work), then that will take other configuration. The D-Link wireless bridge allows the Stoker to be on your network -- that you can access while you are on your network. If you are trying to access your network when you are outside of your network, I think that requires some "port forwarding". But somebody else will have to help with that since I have not messed with that (yet).

That's right. That configuration would go with the current router you have that is connected to your Internet feed. I suggest testing stoker on your wired network until you get it working.

There are threads here on the topic as I believe something on stoker's web site.

Back