Will these inserts cause problems?

DanJC

TVWBB Fan
I purchased these threaded inserts which were recommended on this site.

3E266132-7A85-41CD-B057-ED41D2F1F168.jpeg

However, upon installation I realized they sit on top of the frame, not within like the originals do. This creates a lip.

086AE193-6741-466F-B34D-4BEAA965AF14.jpeg

Has anyone used these successfully? I’m a bit afraid the slight increase in length will create issues.

Much appreciate it.

These inserts are designed for chair/table legs and intended for use with threaded stem casters or feet/levelers. The loading is intended to be vertical and toward the insert. They weren't designed or intended for loading in a direction away from the insert.

Last edited:
These inserts are designed for chair/table legs and intended for use with threaded stem casters or feet/levelers. The loading is intended to be vertical and toward the insert. They weren't designed or intended for loading in a direction away from the insert.
Ah, ok.

I searched on eBay but they all seem to be this type.

Anyone have a lead on the correct 1” inserts?

I haven't been able to find identical OEM inserts but these come close. The OEM inserts have an overlapped double-star spring washer on the far end which makes them more suitable for use in square tubing, but these come close.

If they are in there that well you might just want to go with them. People have used them with no issues other than adding to the overall length of the part. It may not be the right application for that part, but like they say...if it isn't the right part but it still works, then it's the right part.

Back