What should I get

Chuck_B

TVWBB Wizard
Haven't done any over night cooks or anything I've always been right there to tend to the smoker. Done hundreds of smokes but I have been thinking of the DigiQ but I see there are a lot of different ones. Although my neighbors are a bunch of *&%$! that would probably mess with it or destroy it while I'm sleeping...Any suggestions?

I am unclear as to whether you are worried about someone stealing the device or which model to get. If you are worried about the former, Stoker sensors can be extended easily so that you can put the device inside.

The only caveat is that the blower doesn't like cable extensions. My 10cfm blower won't work if plugged into an extension, and according to Ken it can fry the chip in the plug.

That is probably true of using small signal cables meant for audio interconnects. I suspect it will work right with a thicker cable or if not, a relay. I think we had some threads on this.

I'll have to look for the threads. I made up a special cable using 20awg wire, and it still wanted to act strangely. I'm not sure it would work properly with a relay, as you'd lose the connection with the chip in the plug that tells it which blower it is.

Back