What do you do for breakfast on a 15 degree morning?

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
You grill of course! This morning I just had to fire up the kettle, and grilled a couple Bobak Maxwell Street Polish Sausages, and scrambled 3 eggs on the griddle. That is much better than a couple of donuts. Cold days should include hot food from the grill.

With all the posts I've seen about cooking breakfast on the grill, I think I may have to ask Santa for a griddle.

Any pics Bob of your setup?

Wayne, it is nothing fancy just a small square griddle that sits on the regular kettle grate. But it works OK.

George, you are grilling that seaweed, and spam before it goes into the soup...right?

You could make Latke's (potato pancakes). I like em, and my kids like em.

Pretty simple. Grate up 3 potatoes and put them in a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as possible, whisk three eggs, 2 tablespoons of flour. The rest is optional:
salt
pepper
cheese
crumbled bacon
garlic
onions
etc... however you want it flavored.

Combine it all and scoop into a half inch of hot oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes and flip for another 3-4 minute. Pull em and eat em hot. They're yummy.

I sometimes cook bacon outside on my Genesis side burner. Nothing like being outside on a cool or cold day and smelling the bacon and hot coffee.
Ray

Lately, I've been craving:

Buckwheat pancakes (made indoors, on a griddle)
with real maple syrup

Hot smoked sausage and/or Canadian bacon on the WSM

Wash it down with some Kona coffee that a friend recently brought back from Hawaii.

**** Ron, Wisconsin is just a little ways up the road from Iowa and you idea for breakfast sure sounds good. I may just have to do a road trip.
Mike

Back