WGA54g problems

SHoff

I am in need of assistance with a gaming adapter. I know there are tons of threads, but I haven't found this problem yet.

Following Yankee Rob's advice, I found a WGA54g adapter on ebay. I have tried to reset it by holding the button down, but nothing changes. The power light on the adapter is almost orange instead of green, but the ethernet light does light up and flashes as though traffic is moving through. Any ideas how to access the setup menu of this thing. I want to try everything I can before I tell the seller it was a lemon.

I have also: turned off all firewalls, disconnected all other networks, tried it on 2 different computers.

Thanks for all of your valuable information!

Did you figure it out yet? There are 2 ways to configure it. You can use onboard web server or the setup disk. Make sure the switch is set to Infrastructure.

-rob

My online investigation has led me to the idea that the firmware is corrupt. I can't get into fixing it because I don't have the setup disk and the onboard web server will not respond. I am sending it back and getting a different one.

I am sure I will be back to you for more help - and the movies you made are fantastic.

I spent several hours last weekend trying to get it to work. The software updates will only work if you can get into the web server setup for the unit. I can't even get to the setup page it to to the firmware updates. To top it, linksys can't help because the unit is out of warranty (I bought it used from ebay). At least I was lucky and the ebay person I bought it from is willing to return the unit.

Back