Went to see Gordon Lightfoot last night

A couple years ago, a friend was cleaning out his basement and gave me some vinyl albums. There were three Gordon Lightfoot albums with them. Heck, I did not even know he did three songs let alone three albums. He actually had some pretty good stuff on them. Amazing he is still touring.

Oh yeah I have his stuff (VINYL) going back to the mid 60s. Much of it never even released here in the US.

My sister and brother in law went to see Paul Anka recently at the old refurbished Des Plaines theater and they said it was outstanding. The Genesee is going to have some of the old 60's Chicago bands in soon. It's just too darn far for me.

We caught Bob Dylan this June. This show was drastically different from the first time I saw him back in ‘98/‘99 when I was in high school.

Played only new stuff off his latest record and didn’t play guitar at all except for the opening bit. Stood behind a piano most the time and would come out occasionally steadying himself with a mic stand.

But, I missed seeing Charlie Daniels in ‘19

One thing I have been grateful for was getting the chance on 2 different occasions to see the great Tony Bennet AND Ella Fitzgerald performing together live. Cannot believe those 2 greats on one stage. Amazing.

Back