Weber taking care of me!

Scott Quimby

TVWBB Fan
Hey all,

In light of the news about Weber possibly recalling vendor stock from stores, and since I just bought an EX4 on Friday morning, I sent a service request this morning to ask for the upgraded parts. No questions asked and they are sending a new welded chute, pellet slide, bag of pellets, 2 glow plugs and another meat probe. Gotta love Weber!
Screenshot_20200908-150609_Gmail~2.jpg

Last edited:
Yep they're taking care of me also. I ordered the front shelf for the ex6 and it came missing 2 parts so they're sending me another new shelf lol

That really chaps my hide. I waited on the phone for over 90 minutes after I bought mine and asked for the welded auger and was denied until I have a problem. Not that I am not happy for you, but it's kinda BS that they pick and choose who to let have parts.

Well I did allude to their supposedly removing old stock from the sales floors and my unfortunate timing for purchase. Maybe you could allude to those things as well. Or, maybe describe a problem that you're having to them. Any problem will probably suffice.

That really chaps my hide. I waited on the phone for over 90 minutes after I bought mine and asked for the welded auger and was denied until I have a problem. Not that I am not happy for you, but it's kinda BS that they pick and choose who to let have parts.

I don't think they're picking and choosing. It's just a training issue with the CSR's. The one I talked to on Saturday also told me I had to have a problem before they ship the new parts. I just calmly explained that I'd rather NOT have a problem and I'm aware of the CEO's message about the upgraded hardware and software being rolled out to new units. With that said she quickly went into verifying which parts are available and arranged shipment of the auger assembly and pellet slide for me. I do wish I would have mentioned the glow plugs since she didn't offer that. If you got a CSR that flat out refused to send the new parts then either ask to escalate to manager or call back again and talk to someone else.

I don't think they're picking and choosing. It's just a training issue with the CSR's. The one I talked to on Saturday also told me I had to have a problem before they ship the new parts. I just calmly explained that I'd rather NOT have a problem and I'm aware of the CEO's message about the upgraded hardware and software being rolled out to new units. With that said she quickly went into verifying which parts are available and arranged shipment of the auger assembly and pellet slide for me. I do wish I would have mentioned the glow plugs since she didn't offer that. If you got a CSR that flat out refused to send the new parts then either ask to escalate to manager or call back again and talk to someone else.

Actually, I did ask for a supervisor and was told a supervisor would call me back. The call back never happened. I also tried to claim that since the part has already been redesigned that I'd really like to have it before I have the problems requiring the new part to resolve.

Actually, I did ask for a supervisor and was told a supervisor would call me back. The call back never happened. I also tried to claim that since the part has already been redesigned that I'd really like to have it before I have the problems requiring the new part to resolve.

I'd call back and talk to someone else then. There's no way they can tell existing customers they can't have the new parts when they are installing them on new units now.

I'd call back and talk to someone else then. There's no way they can tell existing customers they can't have the new parts when they are installing them on new units now.

I sent an e-mail request in yesterday since that seems to have worked for Scott, so fingers crossed that I don't have to call and wait on hold again forever to try that way. It's just very frustrating that you have to play the game to see if you get the right CSR that will send you one and that they previously promised a call back that I didn't get while I see numerous other members here get the auger with no hassle needed. If I didn't love the way the SmokeFire cooked, the grill might have gotten returned out of principal. I love Weber products, but not a fan of their service at the moment.

Well, I am a little happier, they responded to my e-mail and put in the order for the welded auger finally. Still not thrilled that it took multiple requests, but at least they are finally sending it. I'll likely even take the time to install it right away versus waiting for the problems as it seems like my SmokeFire is taking longer to come up to temp lately so I'm curious to see if this is the reason.

Well, I am a little happier, they responded to my e-mail and put in the order for the welded auger finally. Still not thrilled that it took multiple requests, but at least they are finally sending it. I'll likely even take the time to install it right away versus waiting for the problems as it seems like my SmokeFire is taking longer to come up to temp lately so I'm curious to see if this is the reason.

Glad you finally got it worked out. I just got off the phone with support myself. Took 45 minutes to get someone on but the lady was super nice and helpful. I asked for an update on my auger assembly and pellet slide order since it hadn't moved since last week. She said some parts were back ordered but were in stock now. I asked if they could add the glow plugs in for me and she did that plus threw in a bag a pellets. Very cool.

Back