Weber Spirit S-210 and Griddle Placement: Thoughts?

Jay D in Jersey

TVWBB Wizard
two Weber Spirit 210 grills. An LP one in our main home and a NG one(which I restored this past winter) in our beach home at the Jersey Shore. I purchased one of these Lodge CI reversible griddle for each:

https://shop.lodgemfg.com/griddles-a...ll-griddle.asp

These style/era Spirits have two burners running front to rear. Both have OEM CI Weber grates. I tried removing one grate and placing the griddle in the opening but it's a hair too short and very precarious. So it needs to sit on top of the grates. What is the best way to place the griddle in order to get it as hot as possible? Front to back centered over one of the burners or side to side with an equal portion over each burner? Both

Anyone else use this Lodge griddle and have recommendations?

Lodge makes a great griddle. I cannot help you on your question about placement though.

Yeah, I'm just trying to to figure out if lengthway over the burner will get it hotter than widthway across the two burners with much of the griddle in the center where there is no burner.. But that is also where Weber has integrated the cutout for their own Weber cooking system griddle which works well but has limited space. The lodge gives me a bit more real estate plus leaves about 40-50% of the grate space available too.

Might be a good excuse to by one of those infra red thermometers from Harbor Freight.

Last edited:
Jay, the infrared thermometer would allow you to accurately measure which is best. Hey, any excuse to buy a new toy, I mean BBQ accessory, is a good one! 😄

Let us know the results.

You've got this question in 2 threads BTW. Bottom line I don't think the Lodge griddle will fit on the little Spirit from front to back so yo may be forced to use it across a burner

Back