Weber Q Hose Adapter Problem

Rusty James

TVWBB Emerald Member
For the record, I am referring to a 36" Blackstone propane adapter hose I purchased three years ago, and the end that attaches to the tank has lost its internal gasket. Weber sells one just like it, and if you read the negative comments section, buyers are complaining about the same issue that I am. Which makes me wonder if these hoses are made in China?

From the Weber web site (not my hose)...
831d1a8b-af9d-52e2-90b6-cf72c306b445

d4c8ea33-b750-5fe4-8a17-977cc666314a

Can these be repaired with a new gasket? I have no doubt my Blackstone is designed the same way, although in my case, the gasket is missing. My Weber Genesis Silver still has its original hose, but the gasket looks different (black rubber?). Blackstone refused to help me since I did not own one of their griddles.

I would just look for a new hose with similar specs. I would look for a cheaper aftermarket version, it's probably not any different than a branded one anyway.

No it can't be fixed, that was a part to help seal the flanges together, better to spend a little more and know you won't have any leaks, with gas appliances you can't be too careful

I bought a 4' long SS braided hose on Amazon. Not comfortable linking, but if you enter that in the "search" you'll find it. $16.99 and it's performed flawlessly since last October. I use it on the Q, and have used it with a portable propane heater.

KIBOW Type 1(QCC 1) 4FT Stainless Steel Braided Propane Hose & Adapter/Connects 1LB Propane Tank Connector Appliances to a Refillable Bulk Propane Cylinder​

Here's a photo from Amazon of a GAS ONE hose that is identical to my issue...

71f6c2h64wL.jpg

The hose wobbles even if the connector is tight.

I bought a 4' long SS braided hose on Amazon. Not comfortable linking, but if you enter that in the "search" you'll find it. $16.99 and it's performed flawlessly since last October. I use it on the Q, and have used it with a portable propane heater.

KIBOW Type 1(QCC 1) 4FT Stainless Steel Braided Propane Hose & Adapter/Connects 1LB Propane Tank Connector Appliances to a Refillable Bulk Propane Cylinder​

Is this it?...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGN7ZJF/?tag=tvwb-20

Are these hoses the only way a person can connect a 20lb tank to a Q grill? Are there other options?
On the smaller Q grills there is a hack where you can remove the built in regulator and then adapt a regular hose and LP regulator. You lose portability but you gain a FAR more reliable grill. I've done a few of these "hacks" and IIRC Bruce wrote up instructions and parts list. It's pretty easy. Just finding the fittings is FAR more difficult than the conversion. Check in the Q grill forum on here

I think I am going to go with the hose in the above video since the Acme QCC connection type tend to have fragile gaskets. At you can change the O-ring on the connector with internal threads.

I finally received my POL hose...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-5-High-Pressure-Propane-Gas-Hose-and-Adapter-Replacement/19897422

However, there is no regulator inside the hose (Blackstone Acme QCC hose had one), and the gas rushes in rather quickly without the tank's OPD device engaging. I shut off the gas at the tank and bleed (burn-off) the line dry before shutting off the Q grill.

Are POL hoses old school? Are they any less safe than Acme QCC hoses?
Yes VERY old school. Usually only used for very high pressure LP applications. Be safe use the ACME type

Back