Weber One Touch Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

James G

Hey guys,

I just got my wife older one touch silver out of storage the other day and I notice this "hook" that was loose. At first I couldn't figure out where it came from and then discovered that it came off of the inside of the lid.

Does anyone know what this is for, and is it important. Honestly, I wouldn't think so.

Thanks in advance for any input.

James... I have a hook on the inside of my Kettle lid. I use it to hang the lid on the lip of the Kettle. I assumed that since I got my Kettle off of GL and came w/o directions and it works.

joe

Yep, it is inside the lid so you can hook in on the side of the grill when you pull the lid. It's kind of finicky anyways and mine barely holds on. I usually set my lid on the ground or on the work table next to me. No sweat.

yep, it was on the inside of the lid. but it barely hooked on and it was very easy to knock the lid off. forget about it. one of the best things weber had was a slide aside that held the lid. try and find one on craigs list or amazon. go through this list if getting it on amazon.

Everyone's pretty much covered it but here are some pics of my OTG lid -vs- Performer lid (OTG has a hook, Performer doesn't) if you want to see it. BTW, I never use the hook...

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

funny this came up. i was at my local osh today and i saw the lids hooked on the sides. looked odd so i went and looked closer. they had the lids hooked over the front handle and it was very secure hooked over the handle. maybe try that.

Been using the hook for years. I too recently discovered that placing the hook on the handle works great and wondered if that was the design intention. It didn't take long though to realize that doing this gums up the handle with black smoke residue.

David

Thanks for all the responses guys. I guess that I will just throw the hook away.

Also there is a guy here in Tulsa that is selling a one touch silver for $50. I told him that I would give him $40 for it, and he promptly replied that if it wasn't gone by sat it was mine.

Sound like a good deal to you guys?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James G:
Thanks for all the responses guys. I guess that I will just throw the hook away.

Also there is a guy here in Tulsa that is selling a one touch silver for $50. I told him that I would give him $40 for it, and he promptly replied that if it wasn't gone by sat it was mine.

Sound like a good deal to you guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it is in good shape, it is a reasonable price. I see used ones on Craigslist for $40 and $50 often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back