weber grills at cost

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
you now how as soon as you buy any big ticket item , you always run into that friend who says " Wow , i wish you'd told me , i know a guy....blah , blah , blah..."

well , i bought my WSM thru amazon , got a decent deal...(free shipping , anyway)....and i was chatting with a friend at work and i told him that i bought a weber smoker and he says...."oh , wow. too bad i didnt know , ...my brother can get you any weber grill at cost."

( i think this is prob'ly NOT bs , because his brother is a bigshot at the local ADESA car auction and they do seem to have pretty decent purchasing power to offer deals to ADESA employees)

now , i know its too late for my smoker , but i have been experiencing a powerful hankering to own a weber performer lately and i see them going for 299 at HD....so im wondering if anyone knows offhand what " cost " might be for said grill...

Others may have a better idea than I, but I believe the Weber Ranch normally goes for $1250.00? And I've seen 2 new ones recently for $750.00 which is a 40% discount and I would guess gets it down close to cost, so I'm guessing that Webers are normally sold at 40% over cost? So maybe in the $180.00 range for the Performer at cost?

If I could get a 26.75 inch Weber OTG Kettle at cost I would without hesitation, if your friend is willing to arrange something like that I'm in!

Yep, no doubt Craigslist is the way to go, if you're quick enough to seal the deal before someone else does. No such luck for me so far, but I keep looking.

Local appliance place has been selling WSM's all winter long - 22.5 for $319 & 18.5 for $249
That's still 80 bucks off the 22.5" and you know he's making money otherwise he wouldn't be doing it.
Likewise, I wonder what the actual cost is...

The Home Depot Performers for $299 doesn't include the gas assist. (at least the one here doesn't)
Same appliance place is selling the Performer Platinum for $299

Back