Weber fire starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_Fox

TVWBB Fan
Can't recommend them enough, I got my buddy converted to charcoal grilling using these things. I usually just put one under the chimney and it lights it pretty quick, doesn't go out like newspaper or make nasty particles everywhere. So if you haven't tried them you ought to, don't get me wrong; newspaper works fine on calm days, but when it's windy, which it always seems to be around here, these things are worth their weight in gold.

See ya!

I heartily agree, I've been using them under the chimney for several years now. Always easy to start and they burn super hot for about 10 minutes or so. No messy ashes flying everywhere.

Until i got my Performer I used them all of the time and converted several friends to the Chimney/Starter Cube school of firestarting. The smell of charcoal lighter fluid in the 'hood still makes me nauseated!LOL

i used to use them until the price went up and they became hard to find. i now use diamond strike a fire. i cut each stick into 4 pieces. ea piece is enough to light a chimney. cheap and even cheaper on sale.

Hi. Before I got my Performer w/ the gas ignition, I used Alton Brown's technique of a little veg. oil on a paper towel. Fold it up, put it under a chimney, and light! Works every time, leaves minimal mess, and no real particles in the wind. Don't know the total price of 1 paper towel and a tablespoon or so of veg. oil, but it can't be much!

...and they are still available on weber.com (shop) for $4.29/box. They were on sale for $3.99/box in April w/free shipping. Keep a watch-out for them on sale also at Ace Hardware.

I don't know if there is a True Value hardware near anyone on this board, but the one near my house sells them for $3.99 a box. I picked up two just last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back