Weber E-330 (Swiss spec for UK use/conversion)

Richard Arlett

Hi everyone, I'm based in the UK and have recently been given a Weber Genesis E-330 originally purchased in Switzerland. i think this is a circa 2011 model.

I knew in advance of receiving the unit that the manifold and fittings would not be the same as a UK spec so my question is can this be coverted for UK fittings?

I'd be willing to pay a company/individual to convert it for me if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Any advice appreciated!

ps. I have a new ignition button but not got around to fitting it yet.

Thanks in advance
Richard

Attachments

• IMG_2151.jpg
    IMG_2151.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
Well as I suspected your LP grills in Europe run at the same pressures ours do here (11" WC) so, really all you would need is a UK spec regulator. They would all have a metric fitting on the end for the grill. Should be a pretty easy conversion
BTW .29 Mbar is 11" WC

Well that is good news, thank you. Are you able to advise on the fittings?

At first glace a UK regulator won't connect to the current end fitting on the bbq so do I need another connector? Or do I need to simply unscrew some of the attachments on the bbq?

You will likely need some adapters. But I am sure you should be able to find them locally. heck a good friend of mine adapted his American Genesis to UK specs and he said it was not all that hard. The good news is that as I suspected the only differences are the fittings not the pressures

Hi everyone, I'm based in the UK and have recently been given a Weber Genesis E-330 originally purchased in Switzerland. i think this is a circa 2011 model.

I knew in advance of receiving the unit that the manifold and fittings would not be the same as a UK spec so my question is can this be coverted for UK fittings?

I'd be willing to pay a company/individual to convert it for me if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Any advice appreciated!

ps. I have a new ignition button but not got around to fitting it yet.

Thanks in advance
Richard

Can you take a Pic of the factory decal on the inside? It is on the verticle side of the piece holding the drip tray.

That will list the fuel and other details.

Here you go. The regulator says 29mbar and the label says 28/30 - 37 mbar. Does that mean I could use either a 29 or 37 mbar regulator?

Ideally I'd like to reuse the original pipe and change the regulator but I'm struggling to find a direct replacement for it. The inlet is "g1/4" I believe.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 9
serial number is LP. looks like tank goes on the outside.

fitting at the bulkhead is likely the same as US, which is a 3.8 inch flare nut.

fitting at the tank will be UK style. Not sure what that is.

Looks like it. 37 will likely be on upper end of what it should be. I honestly don't know what type of fittings are used in the UK though

schematic on my US 2016 E330 lists this
3869987Bulkhead assembly, SAE3/8, Genesis '13

schematic for yours that I linked above is this:

3870082Bulkhead assembly, Genesis '11, Export, 1/4

so it would seem yours is 1/4 inch

for the regulator, I'm not sure how to decipher this.

1712466990167.png

I would find a brand new Genesis 335 and see what regulator is used for that and get one with that rating with a 1/4 inch fitting.

Back