Warmup baskets.

BobbyG

TVWBB Super Fan
So originally. My silver B came w 2 “warmup baskets” What do people use these for? None of my used gennys have ever had them. Do people use them? I want to pick them up for the restore. But am curious on their uses.

Bobby, there were 2 different racks. There is a warming rack, which sits in the 2 most rearward slots in the cookbox, and there is a swing basket, that mounts in either of 2 locations in the lid. There are problems with both, the major one being rust as these are only plated steel and don't survive for long for most people.

The warming rack, as supplied, is a straight rack that limits access to the grate and tends to get in the way when flipping/moving things around on the grates. The swing basket in the lid can spill the items kept there due to an imbalance or if it sticks and doesn't swing when you open the lid. A common use for both is for heating buns, biscuits, or potatoes, or keeping things warm while cooking other items..

That being said, I use an elevated warming rack, purchased for a different Weber model and bent slightly to fit, for baking potatoes off the grates. I don't have a swing basket because all of the ones I have gotten with the pickup grills were too far gone and not worthy of replacement. I like the elevated rack and I'm trying to keep it oiled but I expect that I will have to replace it at some point.

Also, note that the swing basket is provided in different lengths, so you need to buy one that fits your lid.

Thanks sir! It originally came w 2 swinging baskets, may see if I can find em cheap, just so its complete!

Back