Wanted: Used (or new) SS Grates and Flavourizer Bars for Genesis Silver C in Canada

Ryan H

TVWBB Member
Any Canadian members able to help me out? I'm looking for a some used (or new) ss grills and flavorizer bars (3 burner). I'm working with limited funds, so I'd like to keep my shipping to a minimum. If there are any other members outside of Canada who have these parts that they'd be willing to give away, I could probably handle the shipping fees.

Thanks!

Ryan

Edit: I think i'm set for now, thank you for stopping by!

Last edited:
Hi Ryan,
I am in Toronto.

I have a Genesis 1000.
It has grey Durawood shelves.
I may sell off the parts, or I may restore it. Not quite sure.

Let me know what you are after.

Hey, thanks for the reply!
I have a Silver C that i'm refurbishing for myself, and a Gold and Silver B that i've been stripping for parts. Ultimately I was hoping to come up with three usable BBQ's (one for me, and two to sell off and recoup some cost). In order to do that, I need the following parts:

Top frame for a C model Genesis
Set of Grates
Set of Flavourizer bars
1 castor
1 LP regulator

If you choose to restore it, let me know, I'm not sure i wan't to sink the work into the one with the rotten frame anyway :)

Mine is a Genesis 1000 Red Head.

I was considering modifying the cart to hold my 18.5" Weber kettle.

If I could sell off the parts I would do that. Otherwise I could do all the work to restore it.

My cast iron grates may work. But my stainless flavourizer bars would not. I have the dual level, 13 bars.

Probably not worth me selling off a few of those parts at this point.

If I restore it It probably won't be done for about 4 weeks. Would probably put it on Kijiji.

Nice! If it's in decent shape don't scrap it for me. Honestly the leftovers i'm working with are hardly worth saving. This thread was more of a Hail Mary to see what might be out there. I hope you do that mod for your kettle, I'd love to see pictures of that!

Hi again Ryan,
I have decided to part it out.
Actually all it needs is an ignitor and burners to be complete.

You mentioned you needed a propane hose.
I will sell the whole propane manifold including the hose, regulator and 3 knobs for $35.

Parts I have for a Genesis 1000/2000:
-A beautiful red lid, that has been completely cleaned up and ready to go
-Firebox
-A perfect frame
-Durawood shelves
-Control panel
-Propane hanger
-Bottom wire shelf
-Grease catcher
-Stainless steel flavorizors
-Cast Iron grates

I really hate to start taking parts off if all it needs is burners. I have a set of used burners in ok shape if you'd like to sell it yourself. . . annnd I just realized that the models we have aren't compatible for the ss bars, which is the part i really wanted lol. That being said, if my burners from a silver C are useful for your model, you are welcome to them :) Thanks for the offer on the manifold, but my LP project got scrapped due to time vs profit being heavy on the time, negative on the profit.

Thanks so much Ryan,
I don't think the burners are compatible.

Thant being said I also have a new set of burners that might be for your BBQ. I have the 3 burners (brand new) but I don't have the small cross-over burner tube.
All you have to do is measure the length of the 3 you have and let me know.
You can have them for free.

Hey Ryan,
Ha ha ha... I decided to restore my Genesis 1000. Its just too nice to part out.

Do you an 8" wheel by chance?

Oh great! lol Now I pointed a thread this direction that needed some parts! I do have a couple wheel's that you're welcome to, the lettering on them are chipped if i recall, but you're welcome to them.

haha, ya sorry about that.
I just need one wheel that has the sidewall still in one piece.
One of my wheels has a chunk of the sidewall missing.

here is my email as we should chat directly.
greg.pinch@rogers.com

Back