Using minion method with a rotisserie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave L.

TVWBB Pro
When you guys use a rotisserie with your kettle do you use the minion method or just use lit coals on both sides of the grate with the food in the middle? I have a couple of turkey breasts and a leg of lamb that I want to use on my new rotisserie.

i rotis with the coals on one side. yes, i use the minion method. as to the lamb remember not to cook it too much. cook till about 130-135 and then let it rest.

Dave
Lamb on the rotis about 45 - 55 minutes at 375F, as george said 130F internal is perfect.
I use the char baskets for the rotis because I can position them closer to the meat as required and use a bit of foil to catch the drippings. No need to use MM with rotis.

Regards

I was starting my baskets with HOT coals on top of a layer of lump or briqs, but felt my temps were getting too hot too fast on some cooks. So now I just use my weed torch on the baskets until they ash over on the edges-the temp rises and I add the spit and go, drip pan in the center. Its still a MM firing and the coals last longer IMO. Anyway- it works for me.

Brian
I don't worry about the MM method for a rotis cook because it is always a short cook I only use 20 heat beads per side.

Regards

Thanks for the replies. As Phil said I was kind of thinking that I didn't really need to use the MM when doing shorter cooks but I thought I would ask to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back