Turkey TIme

Scott P.

TVWBB Super Fan
On Sunday, I cooked the last of the $0.25/lb turkeys we had from the Thanksgiving sales. At 18lbs, it was taking up a good amount of room in the freezer and I'm looking to clean that thing out.

I cooked it breast side down for an hour, that flipped it over for the rest of the cooking time. It turned out pretty good and now I have a lot of leftovers to use. Turkey Enchiladas for dinner tonight and Turkey and Corn Chili for dinner on Thursday. Lots of turkey sammiches for lunch. Good thing it's such a lean and healthy protein source.

IMG_0864.jpg

you'd better get ya some stuffing & cranberry sauce for those sandwiches!

One of my favorite sandwiches is: a slight amount of tomato & avacado (small thin wedges) and turkey (small amount) on toasted whole wheat bread w/ mayo....heavy on the salt, pepper, & especially dill weed.

The only time a turkey or roast of any kind hits my oven now is due to rain or other crappy weather. Once you do it on a kettle, you don't go back. Although, I had to take this one off the roasting rack since it was too tall for the lid to sit on and close.

Used to do mine on the kettle. Now, I use the WSM. Just open all the vents and let her rip!

Back