Turkey Burgers

Greg Muller

TVWBB Member
I am looking for turkey burger recipies. Have to eat a little less beef to lower the chol a couple of more points. Any and all recipies are welcomed.

Rick's link is a good one. Instead of "2 tsp. Tabasco® chipotle pepper sauce" I use a couple of the canned chipolte peppers and some of the sauce.

Perfect timing for this thread. I just picked up some ground turkey to make some burgers with. I was planning on using a little cumin,sage,thyme, with a little S&P with maybe some egg as a binder. Would love to hear some other ideas.

When I make turkey burgers, I first saute some chopped onion in a bit of evoo.
When the onions are done and cooled, I add them to the ground turkey (do not use the breast meat - it is too dry) along with about 2 tbs catsup, some Worcestershire sauce, a few dashes of hot sauce, and salt and pepper.
I gently shape the burgers and put them in the refrig for at least 30 minutes.
I do not add any other binder, and they are delicious.
Cook on a hot oiled grill.

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Muller:
I am looking for turkey burger recipies. Have to eat a little less beef to lower the chol a couple of more points. Any and all recipies are welcomed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be fooled, ground turkey 'breast' is great, lean and healthy for you. But.....if you simply buy 'ground' turkey, it's basically no different in fat and cholesterol than beef.

When I do turkey burger, I add in chopped onion, bell pepper, zucchini, garlic and carrots along with an egg to bind. Salt and pepper to taste.

If you want to try something else to help lower your cholesterol, give ground bison a try. I haven't had a beef burger in a long time, all I'm eating now is Bison due to my high cholesterol. Best of all, you think you're still eating a 'hamburger' but without the guilt and cholesterol!

Back