Tonight's Tri-Tip

My gosh RD this forum is really adding to my belt size and you aren't helping. lol. Two great looking meals from one package. Looks great. Have to add this one to my list also. Bob B

Another Bob H... I get my tr-tips either from Costco or from Cash & Carry. Our local Safeway had a sale several weeks ago on 3 to 4 lb tri-tip roasts for $2.99/lb. Got 8 of them in the freezer now. Tri-tip one of my fave pieces of beef to grill...

joe

I was introduced to Tri tips while in Santa Maria and love them. They cook the meat over red oak and provide a side of Pinquito beans and bread. I live in VA, so I have the beans shipped in bulk once a year.

RD, glad to see you had the opportunity to do a Tri. Such a flavorful cut of meat. It's amazing to me how difficult it is for you east coasters to get them. As I've written before, here in Central California you can practically get them at 7-11 and someone usually has them for less than $3 a lb.

One of my favorite uses for leftover Tri-tip is nachos, sooooooo good. Tri-tip chili or Jambalaya are good too.

Well done! The ones I picked up at Treuth's last year are all gone now. Going to pick up some more on a round trip to VA coming up this week.

Oddly enough - I made some cheesesteaks out of one of these tri's early last year and everyone loved them.

A couple months ago I got asked to do those cheese teaks again for about 8 people. Got some great rolls from Lancia in Philly and chipped two whole tri tips. Also picked up some aged provolone and American for those who like that. None of us really like the cheese whiz thing. Onions and hot peppers (long hots) for those who like that (me!!).

All of them up on the two biggest cast iron skillets I have (#12 and #14 Griwsolds). Lots of kudos.

So anyway, all out again.

I like the ones from TJ's but I think they trim them out too much. But can't complain, around here that might be the only place that has them on a regular basis. When/if I get them there I always buy the red pack (plain, not marinated in anything).

Try some green peppers along with or in place of the onions... I love the pepper steaks.

Back