Tomorrow's grillapalooza menu

Laura D

TVWBB Fan
I did my first BBQ yesterday, pulled pork and it was GREAT (thank you everybody for all your help!).

Tomorrow I'm going to go grilling crazy, fast hot dirty grilling, here's my menu -

Grilled tuna steaks with Brazilian garlic marinade
Mushroom caps with arugula butter
Marinated grilled red peppers with olives and anchovies

I always take pics with my iPhone, not so very pretty, but if they turn out okay I'll post pics.

Hope everybody had a great 4th!

Laura

L.D., how did your grillapalooza turn out? and can you share your recipes for the Brazilian garlic marinade and the marinated grilled red peppers with anchovy and olives (I love anchovies)?
Any pictures

It was delicious! Although in my passion for grilling a grillapalooza I overcooked the tuna a little, I like it super rare inside.

I will come back and post the recipes for the marinade and the red peppers, they were definitely worth a try.

I took pics, but I have an iPhone so nothing looks too extraordinary (although the rib eyes I grilled Saturday look amazing).

I'll be back very soon with recipes -

Laura

You won't get turned away or shunned in the photo gallery board for iPhone pictures. Believe me - I do it all the time.

Here are the recipes. I own about 60 grilling/BBQ cookbooks and for fun I like to try new recipes all the time from them. These two are from Stephen Raichlen's Barbecue! Bible

Brazilian Garlic Marinade for Fish Steaks

4 swordfish, tuna or salmon steaks (I did tuna)
6 cloves garlic
1/2 medium sized onion, quartered
1/2 medium size red bell pepper, cored, quartered, and seeded
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro

Place fish in nonreactive baking dish, combine ingredients in a food processor/blender and pour marinade over fish steaks. Let marinade for 1 hour in fridge. Then discard marinade and grill over direct high heat.

Marinated Grilled Peppers with Olive and Anchovies

4 red bell peppers
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 to 4 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
2 tablespoons drained capers
4 fresh basil leaves, thinly silvered
1/4 cup nicoise or other oil-cured black olives
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or more to taste

Cut bell peppers in half, then stem and seed them. Cut each half lengthwise into two pieces. Toss the bell pepper pieces with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season them with salt and pepper to taste. Set up grill for direct high heat. Grill until blistered and nicely browned all over, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer bell peppers to cutting board and let cool. Cut each piece into 1/2 inch side strips and place the strips in a shallow serving bowl. Add anchovies, capers, basil leaves, olives, balsamic vinegar and remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and stir to combine. Let the bell peppers marinate for at least 15 minutes or as long as 2 hours before serving.

They were both delicious! Worth at least a try once to see if you like them. Enjoy!

Laura

Back