This Weber Genesis Platinum fat frame will be my next restoration for 2025.

MarkCuda

TVWBB Super Fan
My lovely wife let's me restore one grill a year for my collection, no expense spared, this will be number 3, the only problem is I promised not to start buying parts/stuff till January 1st.
This will be a long drown out proses.
Here are some pictures of the 24 year old grill, it's in very rough shape.
Probably was never covered since birth.1000007357.jpg1000007358.jpg1000007364.jpg

Last edited:
That manifold looks pretty tough, as does the frame. I hope you can save it.
The frames top left cross member is junk, a easy fix.
Luckily all 4 vertical tubes are good.
This build will be the most expensive of the three.
One of the rear panels is pretty bad also, fixing that correctly is above my pay grade 😉
Funny thing, the grill was born LP but someone converted it to natural gas and the original manifold was laying in the bottom tray, like new condition.
It's in this pile somewhere.
1000007370.jpg

Last edited:
You got this Mark! Here's mine....

Keep us posted.

Thank you, Sam, I will steal some of your ideas, if that is OK with you 😉
Just for the record, I got mine for $25
Thank you for posting your build 👍

Last edited:
Thank you, Sam, I will steal some of your ideas, if that is OK with you 😉
Just for the record, I got mine for $25
Thank you for posting your build 👍
Steal sounds too negative, borrow sounds better (y)
$25!?o_O So much for inflation....
No worries, have fun and can't wait to see the outcome.

Mark, i have this grill which i have partially stripped. If there are parts you would be interested in just let me know. From recollection the frame is in decent shape. Im not sure what parts are compatible tbh but someone will!IMG_0632.jpeg

That thing looks like more than a challenge. Unless you have some mad fabbing skills, and welding skills, I cannot imagine how it could be close to salvageable

That thing looks like more than a challenge. Unless you have some mad fabbing skills, and welding skills, I cannot imagine how it could be close to salvageable
The frame is not a problem for me, that's what I do 🙃
One of the rear panels is beyond my pay grade, a professional fabricator could probably fix it but I'm not a professional 😁
My friend Bruce is providing me with a cookbox cover panel today 🫡

Back